The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your latest purchase?

I almost got a splitboard but I just got told off for thinking about getting one so no splitboard for me. do’h!

ozgirl - 05 December 2014 10:54 AM
drc13 - 04 December 2014 11:15 AM

Having not worn a watch since high school it’s a bit weird getting used to it again.

Mine rarely lasts the day!

I like it as an accessory but yeah - i get annoyed…

Yep.
Was just getting used to wearing one again, then I landed on my arm at Hotham and the break was perfectly along the watch band….
No more watches when riding for me.  Can’t even bring myself to put it back on for day to day wear….

I got a Jawbone Up. It’s pretty cool with the amount of information it captures. It has an alarm that will wake you up when you are in a lighter cycle of sleep, much better than a beeping alarm! You can also set it to buzz when you are sitting still for too long, which is great since I am stuck at a desk all day!

Just bought this light for the pushy.

Now I’ll be able blind oncoming traffic when I’m on the road, and light up the trails like daylight.  cool grin

We get a 40% discount on all Oakley outerwear and goggles so I decided to grab a pair of black 20k pants and this sweet as fuck pair of flight deck goggles with the rose prizm lenses.

Holy fuckballs the single best things I have ever put in front of my eyes. Shit is so clear and defined now! Cannot recommend them enough

I’ve been readin up on the Prizms!!!!!

That good hey, deano?????

rose lenses rule supreme!

Technically Michelle bought these for me as a present, but I am loving them! Bose bluetooth headphones.

Mizu Kuma - 13 December 2014 06:58 PM

I’ve been readin up on the Prizms!!!!!

That good hey, deano?????

Honestly so damn good. The clarity and contrast is amazing.

Had a Myer voucher to burn, so…

rider26 - 25 December 2014 09:56 AM

Technically Michelle bought these for me as a present, but I am loving them! Bose bluetooth headphones.

Nice ones. Are they noise cancelling too? A decent pair of headphones will be my next purchase, after a new graphics card anyway. Need the PC to be ready for ‘Tom Clancy’s - Division’.

Also splurged whilst in Europe and bought myself a little Xmas pressie, 2015 Burton Cartels.

McCrankypie - 30 December 2014 08:44 AM

Nice ones. Are they noise cancelling too? A decent pair of headphones will be my next purchase, after a new graphics card anyway. Need the PC to be ready for ‘Tom Clancy’s - Division’.

They block a decent amount of background noise, but they aren’t noise cancelling. Bose only has one model of noise cancelling headphones and it isn’t wireless. They are also about $100 more expensive. I considered swapping them over but I really do prefer wireless over anything else.

Noise cancelling models are ridiculously expensive, but come in handy for long flights. I’ve always used dj headphones for general use and found them to be great all round headphones. Only problem with them is they tend to have really long cords for obvious reasons.

eeeeew Burton. I dont think we can be friends any more Waz. raspberry

I bought some turtle beach headphones a few months agho for the PS4… they’re bluetooth and wireless, and suround sound, the receiver is digital fibre in.
Have to say im actually really impressed, they sound fantastic.
Plus they work on the phone, PC, telly. whatever i want to plug em into really.

McCrankypie - 30 December 2014 06:22 PM

Noise cancelling models are ridiculously expensive, but come in handy for long flights. I’ve always used dj headphones for general use and found them to be great all round headphones. Only problem with them is they tend to have really long cords for obvious reasons.

I actually saw (and tested) a really decent set of Sony noise-cancelling headphones (95% cancellation) at Costco in Vancouver for $50! gulp