The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your latest purchase?

Most recent purchase.

shred 

Hoping that I only ever have to play with it, and never actual ‘use’ it.

LMB - 29 November 2014 12:35 AM

Hoping that I only ever have to play with it, and never actual ‘use’ it.

Smart purchase which I also hope you never need to use!

Couple of purchases for me recently.

This one was a necessity as I managed to snap my original carbon fibre paddle in the surf (made for a fun swim in) Spent a while trying to decide whether I should step up to a quickblade and in the end I’m glad I did as it’s an absolute pleasure to use!

QuickBlade Kanaha All Carbon 90sq

This one certainly isn’t a necessity but the inner geek in me wanted a new toy to play with and justified it thinking it would be handy for navigating around USA. Having not worn a watch since high school it’s a bit weird getting used to it again.

Moto 360 SmartWatch

nice looking watch!

just got these sunnies. made from old used skate decks

Now that’s a nice looking smart watch. I’d get that if I had an Android phone.

Was so excited by the Apple phone, but there’s no way I’d put it on my wrist.

Tills - 04 December 2014 04:11 PM

Now that’s a nice looking smart watch. I’d get that if I had an Android phone.

Was so excited by the Apple phone, but there’s no way I’d put it on my wrist.

Thanks mate, it took a few god awful android watches before they got to this one. It’s still very much a first generation product though so buying one you are still a bit of a beta tester in an emerging market. Android wear software is actually pretty impressive but there’s still a few obvious things missing but they do add and fix stuff via updates fairly regularly.

Yeah I too was really disappointed with the apple watch downer hopefully they can pull something out of the bag last minute and I’m sure the ecosystem will be impressive but it’s simply ugly.

If I decide to continue wearing a watch I’ll probably pick up a metal band for the 360 as they scrub up alright with them as well.

drc13 - 04 December 2014 11:15 AM

Having not worn a watch since high school it’s a bit weird getting used to it again.

Mine rarely lasts the day!

I like it as an accessory but yeah - i get annoyed…

ozgirl - 05 December 2014 10:54 AM

Mine rarely lasts the day!
I like it as an accessory but yeah - i get annoyed…

Yeah I’ve never missed wearing a watch (stopped wearing one after breaking my wrist in high school) and funnily enough still find I’m checking my phone for the time at the moment. Having the occasional sms/email/music control/other notifications easily visible without having to grab my phone is handy. It’s only been a few days but I’m still finding it a bit uncomfortable almost like something clingy is on my wrist and it’s not open to breath as much. It’s no fault of this watch just watches/accessories in general.

As an accessory though I’ve been quite surprised at how quickly people notice them and make comment having never really noticed other peoples watches myself.

Meanwhile I have been buying up these babies

Trying to ward off the drop!

McCrankypie - 05 December 2014 12:44 PM

yes the greats

Sick board!

ozgirl - 05 December 2014 12:51 PM

Meanwhile I have been buying up these babies

I missed the bus on the main drop so will just suck it up and use my citibank/bankwest/28degrees cards over there at whatever the exchange rate is at the time. Most of my accommodation is pay upon arrival.

Can’t complain too much though the weak dollar has been doing wonders for my holdings of US index shares up something crazy like 19% in the past 9 months. Last night I also discovered I had some USD left in an old online poker account I hadn’t used or years so will cash that out at some stage.

Glory days of online shopping are behind us for a while though.

24k worth of metal and fake snow

trentradpants - 05 December 2014 02:00 PM

rocker

EPIC!!!

P.S. - I will gladly dispose of any off cuts for you.. Free of charge.  LOL

Tills - 05 December 2014 03:11 PM

EPIC!!!

P.S. - I will gladly dispose of any off cuts for you.. Free of charge.  LOL

haha join the queue!!

I almost got a splitboard but I just got told off for thinking about getting one so no splitboard for me. do’h!