The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

meme snowboards

memesnowboards - 11 September 2014 11:06 PM

And h0z, thanks for your kind compliments on our graphics. Please PM me your board size and shipping details, I will send you a Meme Leopardess to match your pants wink

Hoz gets a free board for talking about graphics yet I, the originator of this thread that brought your brand to the attention of the masses on australias leading snowboard related forums, with an initial positive post mind you,  gets nothing…...............just goes to show boobs will get you everything!!!

memesnowboards - 11 September 2014 11:00 PM

First of all, the Meme Twinshreds - well we always knew they would be controversial! We’ve actually been working on them for a long time and we have designed 6 prototype shapes all with different characteristics.. still deciding which to bring to market first. We certainly do feel they are ‘revolutionary’ smile Our motto is ‘Shred Different’ and we believe new ways to shred the gnar can’t be a bad thing :cheese. The Twinshreds are well suited to the park and have been particularly popular with guys who are already doing one-footers on snowboards. For those of you interested, there are demo sets at PPP in Carrum Downs, get down there and have a crack, would love to get your feedback too so we can improve on them!

Now snowboards is where our real passion lies!

If the last comment is actually the truth, then my advice is dont worry yourself with the twin shreds. Snowboarders are a cynical bunch and I believe that youll never make back money you spent on ‘r&d’ on these things and it could do your brand more harm than good having them in your range. You might sell a few to the weekend warrior but any real boarder will most likely be laughing at them, plus using the term ‘shred the gnar’ makes you sound un-professional and like a brand that hired a marketing person who has never been on a board and googled snowboarding terms, saw it on a tshirt that another crappy company had made and thought it was ‘hip’

If your boards are as good as you say then I wish you all the best in cracking the market, Im all for supporting aussie brands IF they do the australian snowboarder right, and other than the little twin hiccup, it seems like your on the right path to doing so.Your graphics are good, much better than some other start-ups, the website is well designed and the board tech seems pretty on point, so thumbsup

Welcome to Boardworld, memesnowboards. shaka

Thanks for taking the time to reply and answer our questions. I think it’s great that you’re giving this a real go and I will be watching for updates for sure. Yes, I am critical of the Twinshreds but I also think honest feedback is very important at this stage of a startup. Keep us posted and I wish you the best of luck with your new venture.

trentradpants - 12 September 2014 08:30 AM
memesnowboards - 11 September 2014 11:06 PM

And h0z, thanks for your kind compliments on our graphics. Please PM me your board size and shipping details, I will send you a Meme Leopardess to match your pants wink

Hoz gets a free board for talking about graphics yet I, the originator of this thread that brought your brand to the attention of the masses on australias leading snowboard related forums, with an initial positive post mind you,  gets nothing…...............just goes to show boobs will get you everything!!!

Boobs and blonde hair Trent… Boobs and blonde hair!! LOL

Mizu Kuma - 11 September 2014 11:49 PM

Oh, oh, I like the look of the Royale!!!!!

Plus it’s got the word Ale in it, and Iike beer too!!!!!

I also have a pair of black pants that match!!!!!

Oh, and TJ is a Stalker!!!!!

Hahah yeh mizu should get a half of a twin shred!! 

- he wears a dress like me.. But no boobs or blonde hair… So he only gets half! Haha LOL

h0z - 12 September 2014 10:28 AM
Mizu Kuma - 11 September 2014 11:49 PM

Oh, oh, I like the look of the Royale!!!!!

Plus it’s got the word Ale in it, and Iike beer too!!!!!

I also have a pair of black pants that match!!!!!

Oh, and TJ is a Stalker!!!!!

Hahah yeh mizu should get a half of a twin shred!! 

- he wears a dress like me.. But no boobs or blonde hair… So he only gets half! Haha LOL

you sure about the boobs??

I’m up at Hotham from Saturday to Thurs and would be happy to test pilot a meme stick.

Lol Mizu Kuma!

Unfortunately we only made a small batch of the Royale and they are all gone smile

But as you are a lover of beer and we happen to be as well, I can send you a Board Sock instead wink

Here’s a link: http://memesnowboards.com.au/accessories/board-sock/

These completely sold out during the season and we’ve just had a new shipment come in. They’re are really cool and there’s nothing like it on the market. PM me wink shaka

Cheers, meme!!!!! shaka

I was only muckin around, and as I’ve got more board covers than Imelda has Shoes, plus with my vehicles bein a wagon and a van, I’m gonna (with your blessin of course) put it up for grabs by runnin a comp!!!!!

I’ll post a thread in the Social pages with the deets!!!!! shaka

I waited 2 minutes for ya blessin, and bein the impatient one that I am, I just went ahead with it!!!!! long face

He’s the thread!!!!! vvvvv

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/17685/

Sorry mate got distracted! Here’s my blessing smile

Hey Mudhoney,

That’s awesome! Will PM you contact details and see you up at Hotham!  shaka

seeing we are giving shit away, i love the look of all the male boards….

Thank for the great feedback rider26 and trentradpants,

We really have spent a long time R&Ding; the Twinshreds, here’s a pic of just a few of the different prototype shapes:

The Twinshreds are meant to be innovative and fun, but I get what you mean as they might be construed as too gimmicky to serious snowboarders and have a potential negative impact. If that’s the general consensus than will definitely have a chat to the crew about it and will let you know what we decide to do.

And trentradpants, you can’t hold it against me for loving boobs and blonde hair! Will PM you wink

Yep, I’m another vote for ditchin the lids!!!!!

What short term gains in product sales will only cost ya in the long run in regards to product cred!!!!!