The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

F-Bom: Heated anit-fog goggles

Ok so I just came across this kickstarter campaign, wondering what people think about the idea?

I think its very cool, but I don’t have a huge issue with fogging (unless I put my goggles on my forehead for a while, which i never do) but I know a lot of people fog up like a boss with just regular skiing. I wear smith I/O which were new last season so that will probably help being newish.

Heres the link.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/959735497/f-bom-the-first-snow-goggle-with-active-anti-fog-t

tell me your thoughts!

shred

Good idea, but I don’t like the idea of having batteries there,

Adds to weight, plus extreme temperatures and all that.

But anyways, I’ve used a fair few goggles, and I have to say I have a pair that never fogs:
Airblaster’s Airgoggles.

They’re very retro looking and uses a flat lens.
But because the anti fog material is inside the double wall (unlike most goggles it’s on the outside of the wall in the goggles) it’s never fogged and I’ve used it everywhere.
Oh, and you don’t have to worry about not wiping the inside of your lens when it’s wet.

Oh wait. I lie, it has fogged up before: when I was at falls creek and I had to hike up on a from the Summit chair to Drover’s Dream chair as the chair stopped working. I had it on and kept my gear zipped, and it wasn’t until about 12 mins of vigorous hiking that it fogged up. By this time I had sweated into my goggles for about 8 minutes I could’ve drank a shot of what tastes like gatorate.

Yeah i dont really have an issue with fogging either. what i really want is goggles with windscreen esque wipers on the outside for when its sleety or they’ve got those water cannon snow makers going. I really hate impeded vision and if i have something on my lenses i cant help but be aware of it and keep looking at it till its gone!! Water running on the outside of my lenses really grinds my gears!!!!!

Put some Rain-X on ya lens, Mr Radpants!!!!!

sensible ideas wont get you anywhere mr bear!!

downer

Okay then, have your wiper goggles!!!!!

Looks like a cool piece of technology, but honestly, I rarely ever have an issue with fogging, even in extreme situations. Like Mr Radpants, my only gripe is moisture on the outside, which can be quickly rectified with a goggle wipe of some sort (all gloves should have a chamois strip on them but this is another story).

Seriously guys, how often do your goggles fog? If it happens often I would argue that you’re either doing the wrong thing, i.e., taking them off and letting moisture get in or putting it on your beanie while you’re hot, or your goggles are just shit.

Soooo… interesting but not personally interested.

Mizu Kuma - 10 September 2014 10:26 AM

downer

Thats more like it!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 10 September 2014 10:26 AM

downer

The art of Chidogu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chindōgu)
best stuff ever raspberry

Had me right from the start with the Boot Brollys!!!!!

since when is this “the first” heated goggle? when I was in japan earlier this yeah they had heated goggle on the shelves. I can understand for japan and other countries, but we dont really need them here in Oz.