The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Base Layer Pants: To Tuck or Fold (or Shant)?

Poll: Tuck, Fold or Shant?
Total Votes: 17
Tuck
Fold
Shant

Mine goes, both knees straped.. Then tights (usually Kmart or supre, etc - over heat in thermals) then socks up to my knee straps then pants…  So I’m a tucked then I guess….  (I dont tuck top layers…too hot/uncomfortable)

Shant and fold.

For some reason Skins make 3/4 length for girls but not for guys. The 3/4 length is great for riding in. Full length at the end of the day.

If wearing thermals over the top, they get folded/pulled to the top of the boot (only thing that goes in the boot is my socks & feet). For some reason all my thermal bottoms ar full length not 3/4.

Oz - base top goes under skins. I find that between skins and pants it falls out too easily. That said my pants are massive.

bkrtron - 08 September 2014 12:19 PM

I’m a tucker and put my socks over the top of the layer.

I do this!!!!!

My thermals are really thin, but I’d still wish them to be hemmed at boot height!!!!!

I’ve been meanin to get Mrs Miz to fix them for me, but every time I get home from the snow I forget!!!!!  confused

rider26 - 08 September 2014 05:30 PM

I guess the question remains… what do you guys think of shants? Personally, I think they are great. Any interest in them from you guys? I’m trying to gauge interest for the store next season.

yes.  Have interest.
Would buy.

Yeah, I’d be keen!!!!!

bkrtron - 08 September 2014 12:19 PM

I’m a tucker and put my socks over the top of the layer.

me too.

Now the real question on everyones minds….

Are we folders or scrunchers?

K2_TeacherBoy - 08 September 2014 07:14 PM

Now the real question on everyones minds….

Are we folders or scrunchers?

Neither!!!!!

I’ve got a Japanese Toilet!!!!!

It does it all for you?

Yep!!!!! LOL

Hey, who else thought the headin of this thread was “To Tuck or Fold (or Shart)?”?????

I tuck, but have occasionally found it uncomfortable, I would definitely give Shants a chance. seems like the best possible solution.

I tuck as it helps my chicken legs fill the boots out raspberry

Very keen to try the shants, never knew they existed to be honest. Can definitely see the merit in them, not to mention I wouldn’t mind showing a bit more leg around the house after riding kissing_heart

is there a 4th option?
what if you dont tuck or fold? I just let it hang.

Tobi - 08 September 2014 05:55 PM

For some reason all my thermal bottoms ar full length not 3/4.

This! ^ seriously less reason for thermals to go in boot than skins IMO

Tobi - 08 September 2014 05:55 PM

Oz - base top goes under skins.

This is usually what i do! Good to know others support!

tuck wise i mostly go.

thermal top tucked into skins. Fleece top tucked in between skins and outter pant.