The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

meme snowboards

An instagram pic of mine was liked by these guys. Another australian board company starting up. Looks like they’ve got their ideas a little more thought out than the last one we had come rolling through here,

meme snowboards

Thanks for sharing the link. Looks interesting. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Twinshreds though…  blank stare

rider26 - 08 September 2014 11:01 AM

Closest thing to Prancing on Snow?????

I don’t know… this will be pretty hard to beat. LOL

Being serious, I have no problem with novelty items being offered. What bothers me are the claims some of these brands make about these so-called “revolutionary” products.

The Revolutionary Twinshreds – the biggest evolution in snowsports since Snowboarding (some 40 years ago)!

Don’t get us wrong, there’s nothing wrong with Snowboarding, don’t throw away your Snowboard just yet! We are all about Snowboarding too! This is just a different way to traverse on snow, and why not right?

We literally cut a regular snowboard in half to make two mini snowboards – the Twinshreds! Just use your regular Snowboard bindings and away you go! Twinshreds ride sideways and have more similarities with snowboarding than skiing, but it’s actual suitable for skiers and snowboarders of all abilities.

It is particularly suited to beginners with little on snow experience. Being able move your feet independently will let help you learn to hold an edge in no time.

Avid snowboarders usually takes less than two runs to link turns. Pros riders are able to carve in less than half a run!

Imagine all the insane tricks you can do that were never before possible and impress all your friends! You will be the centre of attention on the slopes!

It’s also a great training tool to develop core strength, many pro riders are using the patented Twinshreds in their warm up routines. Even our Olympic medallist Torah Bright uses the Twinshreds in training at Perisher!

No more unstrapping your bindings! Leave them strapped on when you get on a lift! Just walk on flatter terrain until you build momentum and off you go!

I’m completely lost on the bold text.

rider26 - 08 September 2014 11:12 AM

I don’t know… this will be pretty hard to beat. LOL

Is that you in the clip?????

You know it. punch

Actually, a couple of the clips in the video look a lot like one of your photos floating around these parts… thinking

Well they were pretty good lookin people in that clip!!!!!

This… And also… Its not “revolutionary” haven’t any of you seen dual snowboards?? Its literally this… But done a few years ago….

That aside I really like their designs… (that pink and leopard one… OMG!! I’m in love haha!! (as you know I looooove pink… And I just brought a new pair of snowboard pants… In leopard print..  Hahah!!)

rider26 - 08 September 2014 11:01 AM

Thanks for sharing the link. Looks interesting. I’ll keep an eye on it.

No. Just no.

rider26 - 08 September 2014 11:18 AM

Being serious, I have no problem with novelty items being offered. What bothers me are the claims some of these brands make about these so-called “revolutionary” products.

The Revolutionary Twinshreds – the biggest evolution in snowsports since Snowboarding (some 40 years ago)!

Don’t get us wrong, there’s nothing wrong with Snowboarding, don’t throw away your Snowboard just yet! We are all about Snowboarding too! This is just a different way to traverse on snow, and why not right?

We literally cut a regular snowboard in half to make two mini snowboards – the Twinshreds! Just use your regular Snowboard bindings and away you go! Twinshreds ride sideways and have more similarities with snowboarding than skiing, but it’s actual suitable for skiers and snowboarders of all abilities.

It is particularly suited to beginners with little on snow experience. Being able move your feet independently will let help you learn to hold an edge in no time.

Avid snowboarders usually takes less than two runs to link turns. Pros riders are able to carve in less than half a run!

Imagine all the insane tricks you can do that were never before possible and impress all your friends! You will be the centre of attention on the slopes!

It’s also a great training tool to develop core strength, many pro riders are using the patented Twinshreds in their warm up routines. Even our Olympic medallist Torah Bright uses the Twinshreds in training at Perisher!

No more unstrapping your bindings! Leave them strapped on when you get on a lift! Just walk on flatter terrain until you build momentum and off you go!

I’m completely lost on the bold text.

what…....torah…......why…...........what???

Looks like more generic crap to me, as if there isn’t enough of that already! Could probably reel off at least 4 or 5 other so called aussie companies who are basically doing the same thing and probably getting all their boards from the same chinese factory. If your going to start a new company do something a bit original! Or better still build your own fucking boards. Have a look at the guys from Offshore snow shapes or Catalyst if you want something that’s really aussie made by guys who live for snowboarding and actually know what their doing.

Their snowboards just look cheap and nasty too.

Definitely agree with Pete that if you are looking for Australian Made, Catalyst is a good option.

Otherwise a board company endorsed by BW members - Fyve make sick boards that look good and shred hard (and is Aussie)

Thanks for the feedback guys! We really appreciate it and we will certainly be taking your comments on board!

I’m the Creative Director of Meme Snowboards and I’ll do my best to answer some of the questions raised.

First of all, the Meme Twinshreds - well we always knew they would be controversial! We’ve actually been working on them for a long time and we have designed 6 prototype shapes all with different characteristics.. still deciding which to bring to market first. We certainly do feel they are ‘revolutionary’ smile Our motto is ‘Shred Different’ and we believe new ways to shred the gnar can’t be a bad thing :cheese. The Twinshreds are well suited to the park and have been particularly popular with guys who are already doing one-footers on snowboards. For those of you interested, there are demo sets at PPP in Carrum Downs, get down there and have a crack, would love to get your feedback too so we can improve on them!

Now snowboards is where our real passion lies! And we promise you the last thing we want to do is bring more generic and low quality crap to market! We don’t believe that will benefit the snowboarding community and there is no place for it. We actually have been testing different woodcore combos, experimental materials, carbon fibre placement, edge designs, shapes… you name it, we’ve tried it! We’ve made prototypes locally, in Asia and also in Europe to compare the quality (China doesn’t necessarily equate to crap btw, it’s where the iPhone 6s are made wink  ). We’ve tested in Japow, icy slopes in North East Asia and of course the Victorian Alps - which is still our favourite wink. It’s been a painstakingly long process but we have gotten to a point where our professional testers feel our boards now rival the best in the industry. Big call we know, but we really do believe in our years of product dev and research.

Although we haven’t officially launched yet, we’ll put our money where our mouth is. There’s still a few weeks of snow left and if anyone’s headed up to Hotham please let us know. We’ll let you try our prototype boards and in the unlikely event that you think they’re crap, we will pay for your lift ticket and give you $200 bucks! We’re that confident wink

Even if you don’t get a chance to try our boards, I’d encourage you to watch this space - we are committed to providing unique and exciting products to the Aussie snowboarding community - so you can all Shred Different wink

And h0z, thanks for your kind compliments on our graphics. Please PM me your board size and shipping details, I will send you a Meme Leopardess to match your pants wink

Oh, oh, I like the look of the Royale!!!!!

Plus it’s got the word Ale in it, and Iike beer too!!!!!

I also have a pair of black pants that match!!!!!

Oh, and TJ is a Stalker!!!!!