The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

NIKE Snowboarding Rumour?????

Anyone hear anythin about NIKE Snowboarding finishing up next year?????

Haven’t heard anything but I wouldn’t be surprised.
They seem to have reduced marketing as of 2012 season when they amalgamated 6.0 and NSB. *shrug*

Not sure whether to think it a shame or not, as they do have good gear, but their customer service hasn’t been the best and they haven’t really added anything to the sport other than to throw money at it.

If they do go I’d just chalk it up to fatcat execs not understanding the core market they’re trying to capture.

Just my 0.2c.
(quickly hides his NSB boots and jackets… my precioussssss.)

Farrrr out I hope not, I like so much of their gear. Be super stoked if someone squished this rumour.

^ Yeah.. I do like their gear too it does look great, and the boots are especially awesome.

Hard to say about the rumor. Only time will tell.

On the one hand, they’re moving out of Oz, and they’ve been seen to be reducing their line down since ‘11~‘12, getting tighter/thrifty with outerwear specs where possible.

But on the other hand they’ve just released their new goggle range for next year.

I think the key factor will be what they guys at head office nike will decide.
When they started out it seemed very good as they had their own department untouched by “nike global” (or at least what it seems to me around ‘09, they had their own site, etc etc,) but now it’s pretty much via Nike.

My takeaway from this?
—> Quickly search out all the kaijus in my size and buy them!

I’m trying to find out…

rider26 - 05 September 2014 11:20 AM

I’m trying to find out…

1 find out
2 order me some lunar endors with the LEDs in them
3 sell them to me with my team discount
4 ??????????
5 profit!!

Just thought I’d announce that I just got a pair of NikeXDragon APX goggles in grunge, and it was mega mega cheap.

Has not been opened either! TOO GOOD! I am a bargain hunter! =)

SO, it’s pretty much set in stone… this year in the US due to 1 year manufacturing, then they are goneski.

That’s probably why the move out of Australia (and apparently Europe,) for this year.

Bai bai Nike… and they just started their new goggle range too….

I can see adidas going the same way too… not enough profit in the return.

I have to say on this:

Dick move by Nike not announcing it coz they don’t want backlash from core riders.

TOTAL DICK MOVE.