The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Lift Line ~ Bathurst 1000 Sunday

Howdy Folks,

Beaut day here, going to watch some motor racing, head out for my Aunt’s B’day lunch and chill for the day.

Whats going on where your at?

Hell yes, we have been out there again this morning, working on the platforms and extension. Nearly finished the top layer of ply on the riding surface. Time for Aunties B’Day lunch now.

Prelude to Bathurst had me in tears this morning-emotional, sometimes I’m such a bloke!

Today I had a somewhat productive day, in my parents eyes anyway. After a week finally I put away all the stuff I had dumped in the hall way (I didn’t really put it away, it just got piled up in one of the 3 rooms I occupy here).

Pulled out mums unused MacBook to extend the wireless network around the house (it’s a massive house) I’m now using, and have access to; i7 MacBook Pro, MacBook 13”, PowerBook G4, Airport express, iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 3G.

‘Pro’ - the primary unit (command center), sits on my bed and is connected to the 38” LCD at end of the bed. Operated with Apple keyboard and Magic Mouse. EyeTV (USB digital TV receiver) spends most the time on LCD and can record 2 programs at once or watch one on tv, one on MacPro or picture in picture.

‘G4’ - connected to external drives and can be operated from ‘command center’. It has the wireless modem and broken XL1s connected (my workhorse camera of 8 years, tape drive is broken and I call it “the worlds most expensive webcam”) that’s at the front of house, I can pull up it’s footage on the LCD in my room to see who’s at the door.

13” - on dining table for browsing over breakfast, dinner or being sociable. It can access the G4 files.

3Gs - My primary phone. Can watch EyeTV live, set recording schedule, change channels and it will do it over the 3G network also. Control iTunes and will soon be able to operate Pro’s desktop.

3G - PrePaid phone. As above but wont stream TV.

Airport - Extends network, connected to speaker system and printer.

I took the transmitter back that gave me Foxtel, Fox was to distracting and the transmitter was not worth $160. I don’t think it will take me long before I find something to give me fox if I want it. I have so much stuff stored here I had forgotten half of what I have found so far and I haven’t even started looking through storage!

So you launching the next Shuttle from your room too spaz?

Great result at Bathurst, Holdens 1, 2, 3 & 4 !!!!!!!

Craig Lowndes is a champion!!! Lowndes & Skaife enduro double WOO HOO!!!! Can you tell I am excited!!!

spaz - 10 October 2010 04:42 AM

‘G4’ - connected to external drives and can be operated from ‘command center’. It has the wireless modem and broken XL1s connected (my workhorse camera of 8 years, tape drive is broken and I call it “the worlds most expensive webcam”) that’s at the front of house, I can pull up it’s footage on the LCD in my room to see who’s at the door.

You have alot of time on your hands smile