The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The NBA Thread

KD?! ah he wont last wink

Been wearing my Westbrook jersey around the house a fair bit lately.

I thought it was time for an NBA update. So much has happening this off season…

Biggest story: LeBron to Cavs.

Sad to see him go but I saw this one coming. Can’t say I was surprised. Cavs are immediately legit contenders, especially with the moves they are making now… Mike Miller recruited on less money, James Jones, possibly even Ray Allen. Miami Heat 2.0. There’s even word they’re willing to trade Wiggins (number 1 pick) to get Kevin Love. They would be hard to beat, unfortunately.

Melo staying with Knicks. All about the money here (I think). He could have gone to better contenders but I think he wanted the massive pay day, and life in NYC doesn’t really suck either.

Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade both resigning with the Heat. Luol Deng also signed as a free agent (from the Bulls). We’ve got some nice new pieces as well as familiar faces (Udonis Haslem, Birdman, Mario Chalmers). I think a lot of people will be quick to write off the Heat early, but there’s a legit team here that can go far if they gel.

Pau Gasol to the Bulls. Carlos Boozer to the Lakers.

All very exciting times. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of free agency plays out.

Looks like Dwyane Wade has been holding some tryouts of his own…

It’s looking more and more likely that Kevin Love will be joining LeBron at the Cavs.

Hahaha, check out this photo of Mugsy Bogues and Yao Ming.

haha, mugsy looks like hes wearing yao’s jacket!! Should hire himself a better tailor!!

Miami will still make the playoffs. How far they go depends on the health of Dwane Wade and Luol Deng. Bosh will be healthy and semi dominant like always unless he has an out of character injury imo.

I think Miami will compete in the East, if they stay healthy as you’ve mentioned.

I feel we can surprise a lot of people. Our team is very balanced with some quality veterans in the mix. Just need to add some depth and size.

Size is the big if. Lebron (while not a centre) has massive hops and good defence and plays down or up a position when needed. Now that’s missing, Bosh is going to be a loan stick in a forest of actual big men.

I expect guys like Udonis Haslem to get more minutes. He’s a veteran who plays solid defense and knows how to grab rebounds. That said, we still need more size. It’s our biggest weakness.

Come to Chicago… We got Noah, Gasol and Gibson raspberry

I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned your best player.

Gasol… meh.

So could you NBA nerds tell me when next seasons draw comes out? Google is giving me mixed results.

I’m hoping to catch up game while in New York later this year.

the full schedule will be released on Wednesday August 13 at 6 P.M. ET On NBA TV.

From Wikipedia so can’t guarantee this, but I think it’s correct.

Also look at games in Brooklyn. Their stadium is awesome and ticket prices were a lot less than Knicks games when I last looked (Knicks were SUPER expensive).

Brooklyn…

rider26 - 12 August 2014 05:38 PM

the full schedule will be released on Wednesday August 13 at 6 P.M. ET On NBA TV.

From Wikipedia so can’t guarantee this, but I think it’s correct.

Also look at games in Brooklyn. Their stadium is awesome and ticket prices were a lot less than Knicks games when I last looked (Knicks were SUPER expensive).

Thanks mate, hadn’t thought of Brooklyn so that’s a great tip. I’ll be in NY from the 29-12 until 6-1 so hoping there’s a game to choose from in that range.

As for buying tickets have you got any tips?

I’m also looking to catch a NHL game in Vancouver when I’m there but I can probably save that question for the Canada thread smile