The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

YES. Snowboards 2014 — Official Product Thread

just want to throw in my 2c about the YES BASIC. It has been unwrapped, waxed and setup and thrashed around NZ for a few days and it was…. EPICCCCC

I stepped down from a hill bombing torpedo of a stiff K2 cambered 161 to a YES Basic 158 and if anything it was faster than my 161! didn’t notice any lack of stability at all, still bombed groomers and played around a heap in the park. Was steady on landings (only small kickers for this fellow though) and really smooth over boxes.
It has a nice flex and is easy to cruise around on, but also was killer carving down the mountain.

Really stoked on it, cannot recommend it enough for those who want an awesome all-mountain board.

Thanks Jez for the help purchasing.

How tall and heavy are you Stamford?

That’s awesome, mate. I’m really stoked that you love your new snowboard! punch

Hey StamfordKid - thanks for the great feedback, I am so happy your STOKED with your YES. BASIC.  I rode that board alot this year as well, and I am a big fan of the new shape & “underbite” technology .  Versatile.  Stable.  Effortless. 

PS - the BASIC also won some awards in the N.American market as well, so stay tuned for that update.

#YESforLIFE

Mudhoney - 08 August 2014 04:30 PM

185cms and 110kgs! 158 was no probs

StamfordKid - 08 August 2014 09:33 PM
Mudhoney - 08 August 2014 04:30 PM

185cms and 110kgs! 158 was no probs

ah you’re a big dude, was wondering if you’d sized up but that board would be great for you I’d imagine.  I really liked it when I demoed it a few weeks back so I reckon you’ve chosen well!

Anyone given the Hel Yes a demo?
It’s one of the few boards I’ve been looking at for a Southern Hemi ride.
Be interested to hear some feedback.

LMB - 09 August 2014 09:43 AM

Anyone given the Hel Yes a demo?
It’s one of the few boards I’ve been looking at for a Southern Hemi ride.
Be interested to hear some feedback.

There’s some first-hand feedback in this thread.

Let me know if you eventually want to purchase so I can hook you up with a member discount. Feel free to PM me. cheese

Hey LMB - I have ridden the HEL YES (I am not the tallest guy in the world, and I have size 8 feet) and I have also sold quite a few to retail staff members in our YES. accounts in both AUS & NZ (whom I very much trust their opinion as well) - and I can tell you that the response has been consistently amazing!!  It definitely is a great ‘all rounder’ board.  PLAYFUL when it needs to be (CAMrock profile).
SOLID when its carving (OVERBITE technology).
And confidently handles whatever you throw at in a FreeRide scenario. 

Hope this info helps you with your board decision!

amine - 09 August 2014 09:00 PM

Hey LMB - I have ridden the HEL YES (I am not the tallest guy in the world, and I have size 8 feet) and I have also sold quite a few to retail staff members in our YES. accounts in both AUS & NZ (whom I very much trust their opinion as well) - and I can tell you that the response has been consistently amazing!!  It definitely is a great ‘all rounder’ board.  PLAYFUL when it needs to be (CAMrock profile).
SOLID when its carving (OVERBITE technology).
And confidently handles whatever you throw at in a FreeRide scenario. 

Hope this info helps you with your board decision!

Exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I was a bit dubious about the cam rock profile…I love love love the hybrid profile of the Roxy Eminence in a 155 and was looking for a 148-150 with similar base profile for Southern Hemi.  It’s a bits different, but was hoping it had the edge hold and control without the tendency to over do it like the full camber.  I really want good edge hold.  I see it comes in a 149.  Now to see if I can find one within 3 weeks wink

Just so you know where I’m coming from I learnt on a K2 Luna, progressed on a Burton Troop, then locked in the love on the Roxy Eminence - the hybrid really gave a lot more back than the straight camber.  I’ve been hiring this southern season, wasn’t that impressed with the edge hold on the Burton Custom…but Roxy Radiance was great.  Not a fan of the Burton channel binding system.

I’ve ridden the YES Basic, I own a YES Tasmaniac, and I’ve owned a Lib TRice!!!!!

In my world, the CamRock Profile is the most versatile Hybrid there is!!!!!

Well I can confirm (although its not in the store) that the yes 420 is awesome. Ive ridden it now in both 20+cms of fresh aussie pow and also on a whole bunch of groomers and some falls creek slush and I love the thing. Sure its wide and can take a little getting used to when your not going at any speed, but as soon as your up and moving, its rad to the max. Keep the 420 as an option if you can, I am a big fan!!!!! (and big in stature too, 186cm 90 odd kgs, and the shortness isnt an issue at all, i was keeping up with my friends on their regular sized boards no worries in any of the above conditions.

I bought my girl a last years version of the Hel Yes and she loves it.

OK so had 3 days on my sexy new Hel Yes.

I’m very happy.
I’m sure it’ll reveal more to me over time, but for 3 days of spring riding in a compromised physical state I found it brilliant.
It bombed through the chopped up slush effortlessly, and had the edge hold required when you’d hit those nasty little patches of hard packed or ice that revealed themselves in the afternoon slushfest.

Board chatter was definitely reduced when I’ve over rotated on a heel edge, but that may have had more to do with the NOW bindings than the board…not sure, but I was wiping off speed a bit more than usual to protect the arm, yet having less of an issue with chatter - brilliant.

I was impressed with the non catchy edges…in situations where I found myself thinking oh oh…watch your edges, there was not a hint of a grab on them.  The EasyRider tbar was rutted up like a boardercross track and I was sweating bullets knowing that if I came off it was going to hurt my arm - but even in that situation there was no edge catch.

But by far the best thing was how well it ran on the flat.  So many traverses I’d end up having to scooch or walk but this board just kept going .... And I was not keeping my speed high.  It was so effortless.

Great all round board that I’m looking forward to riding in all conditions and putting though it’s paces properly next season.
Thanks heaps!
shaka

Ill keep my review short and sweet. I just had 3 days on my YES - THE GREATS

Epic piece of board. The a-symmetrical twin sure did the tricks. Cam-rock profile killed it. Heaps of pop, while still being pretty forgiving in slushy spring conditions.

It was great through the park, heaps of control, slid well, popped awesome. Big love for the this ride.

Cant wait to take it through the pow in Japan next Jan!! Yeeww!

Keep up the amazing work guys!  shaka