The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What do you have planned for summer?

snowforshow - 01 October 2010 05:06 AM
finney - 01 October 2010 04:40 AM

Good for people travelling.. not so good for me working over there because if I save anything it’s worth peanuts here hahaha

Scary part is that our lift passes here are even more expensive than riding overseas, now thats messed up.

Lift tickets are provided if you work at the resort..

Sorry didn’t read post properly. Yeah, Perisher’s tickets are the dearest.

yeah good dollar rate is good for some things, but bad for others. My other half works building luxury catamarans but rich yankees aren’t gonna buy from Australia anymore are they, if they can get it for heaps cheaper at home!

This summer will be pretty quiet, just the usual hanging at home surfing, playing summer soccer and i hope to get a lot more skating done.

Your summer is my winter, so I’ll be working during the week, and hopefully a weekend warrior instructor/rider most weekends, atleast every other, I hope. with a few extended ones here and there. Possibly alternating between 2 resorts, work wise… with a late season trip to one further away…
Small chance I may take a trip to Utah. My bro-in-law lives there, we got a place to stay in Salt Lake City now, but traveling and riding with the baby creates it’s challenges… we’ll see.

wweeeeelll…. hsc in 10 days. then im free by 5th of nov.

during and after would be summer 7’s soccer, and hopefully a lot more skating.
until then ... study time

oi dork would you be interested in coming early with us to summer 7s and riding helensburgh skate park? I think woodsy might be keen, too.

Aussie summer.. Ahh nothing like it.. Surfing, cold brews, chicks in bikinis, BBQs, festivals, good vibes.. The list goes on

Unfortunately i wont be living any of that this summer, as ill be over in italy working and shredding the near by mountains in France and Switzerland! Yeeeww!!

Let the shred begin! smile

Hmmm, well between now and summer I shall be trying to lose this lovely roll of winter insulation I have so that I can actually surf.  I have made up my mind that I will actually get a “fun” board for summer, something fishy with a bit of meat for the 2ft NE wind slop that summer is 90% of the time.  For the past 20 years or so I have doggedly stuck to my normal boards in summer, now that I’m an unfit 31 yr old I have decided to succumb in part and get something to suit.

Apart from that I won’t have much time off, last year was the good year, Melbourne to Sydney to Forster to Sydney to Coffs to Byron to Goldy to Noosa to Goldy to Byron to Coffs to Sydney to Melbourne over 3.5 weeks or so.  THis year I will be lucky to have a week off between Xmas and NY I think.

My chick has started working for Qantas so in Feb next year her benefits kick in, I have heard that it works out around 75% off normal price with lots of business class upgrades so might have a stab at late NoHe boarding holiday if time permits.

That is sick, Mizu! You’ll be on the wave before anyone even sees it coming!  cool grin

wow I like the look of that new toy! My boyfriend made his own balsa wood fish last year which is pretty damn fun to ride. I’ll try post a pic of it today.

Niiiice! Retro fish… so much fun! What size?

Dork - 06 October 2010 08:39 AM

Oh jeez I remember the HSC days :S
Have fun and good luck with the essays smile

snowforshow - 07 October 2010 02:38 AM
Dork - 06 October 2010 08:39 AM

Oh jeez I remember the HSC days :S
Have fun and good luck with the essays smile

yeah, thanks. hoping the essays wont be too tricky, like in the trials.

What is English based on?
Journeys or Belonging?

Mizu there is no way you wrote all that out, what web site was it???

bugger smile