The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Review: Shred Rescue — Home Delivery Snowboard Tuning

REVIEW: SHRED RESCUE HOME DELIVERY SNOWBOARD TUNING

I recently decided to give Shred Rescue’s home delivery snowboard tuning a try. I’ve always tuned my own boards—but let’s face it—I can often be too busy (or lazy as my wife might explain). I enjoy tuning my snowboards in the right situation, but it can be a major hassle waxing at the house, nor do I have a belt grinder or other professional machinery. So I decided to get four snowboards tuned with different requirements at the same time.

The prices are super competitive and in-line with what you would pay at any snowboard store. The huge appeal is the free pick-up and drop-off if you live within the free zone in Sydney (which is quite extensive!). Seriously, how good is that? Picked up and dropped off to your door—for free!

I was stoked to meet James Meade (owner) for the first time. He rolled up to my house in his Shred Rescue van and greeted me with friendly enthusiasm. Speaking to James on the phone and now in person, I thought, “here’s a guy who really knows what he’s talking about.” I’ve worked in the industry for a long time, and I can assure you James is an absolute expert at what he does. As well as being a tuning technician, James is a longtime snowboard instructor and coach. We chatted for ages about different tuning options, edge bevels and different waxes etc. He took detailed notes on each board, ensuring he was getting the correct information for each different request.

James Meade

I gave him four boards for tuning: board one required a base grind, a couple of gouges filled in, edges sharpened with a 1° base bevel), and a wax with high speed fluoro wax; board two required much the same with just a light grind; board three just needed a wax (fluoro) and possibly a light grind; and board four required a light tune and a storage wax with regular wax for storage.

James tuning a snowboard on German-made Reichmann machinery

A couple of days later I got a call from James asking when it would be convenient to drop the boards off. He worked within my schedule and dropped them off to my door. The workmanship was fantastic and he explained in detail exactly what was done to each board. I was more than impressed with the level of detail that went into the process and the exceptional customer service.

I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending this service. Check out the website, follow them on Facebook, and give their home delivery service a try. I’m certain you will be as impressed as I was.

But i reside in Sydney and my gear does not downer

Serious question time… Does he machine or hand wax or both?

Will give this guy a try for sure! My boards are in need big time of a rail sharpen and wax!!

Good find J!!

ozgirl - 04 July 2014 02:51 PM

But i reside in Sydney and my gear does not downer

Serious question time… Does he machine or hand wax or both?

All boards are hot waxed by hand. They never belt wax. Confirmed by James.

I can definitely vouch for everything in this article.  Shred Rescue is a core company and deliver a superior product.  The store is great, James and the staff there are very helpful and know their stuff. If your a snowboarder (or skier) and your care about your gear,  go see them.

Welcome to Boardworld, Tom. punch

I used this service yesterday… Wow!! What a great little core shop this is..

James was a super nice dude and did an amazing job on one of my old rides!!

I would recommend this service to anyone, Super clean job. Bravo lads!! Ill be going back again for future tune ups!!

5 star review!

shaka

Great stuff, thanks for the feedback.

Just thought we’d let you guys know that James and the crew at Shred Rescue have a few of our demo boards available to try out and will be able to take custom orders for any of our boards. They really know there stuff when it comes to tuning, Stoked to be working with people that are supporting local brands!