The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

World Cup Discussion Thread

It was an enjoyable final. I think everyone would have liked to see more goals but it was still a very entertaining game. Both teams had their chances, including Messi. He pulled a couple of shots wide from within striking distance. Disappointed for Argentina. I would have like to see a South American team get up this tournament on home soil, but the Germans have been the best team all tournament, smashing Portugal and Brazil.

I hope Schurrle gets some solid game time at Chelsea this season, he’s become one of my favourites for sure. Great stuff from Germany all tournament, the Bayern dynasty has definitely bled over into the World Cup. Will be interesting to see what happens transfer wise now that they’re all home.

Is anyone interested in a football thread? I’d love to make one and post all the news/info/gossip/opinions/results/cannibals in there with like minded people. I don’t really want to be the only person posting there though. Let me know if you like the idea and maybe I’ll create something.

I’m keen!!!

I’m a lifetime Sydney FC member so I’m big on Aleague and everything about it.
And of course on EPL (Chelsea fan) and I take a light interest in the other European leagues.

StamfordKid - 15 July 2014 01:18 PM

I’m keen!!!

I’m a lifetime Sydney FC member so I’m big on Aleague and everything about it.
And of course on EPL (Chelsea fan) and I take a light interest in the other European leagues.

Ah, “Stamford Kid” is making a lot more sense now.

I’m big on EPL (Man Utd fan) and La Liga (Barca), I’m a Mariners fan in the A-League but admittedly haven’t been as interested in it for whatever reason.

Any other football fans on here that are interested in a thread to keep up with info and discussions? I imagine it would mostly focus on EPL and A-League. Let me know!

haha yep, after the Bridge! Although I have only seen 1 game there disappointed

Get it started, I’m sure people will join in when they see discussions happening - otherwise it will just be me telling you how shit Man U are!

I am pretty sure we have had an EPL thread.

I know Cords is a keen support too.

Start it.. If it dies it dies.

I’ve followed the EPL for a long time now. Was a Leeds fan, then I supported Everton, but really I just like watching quality football. I appreciate the other Euro leagues but don’t really have time to keep up with it.

There was an EPL thread. https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/2926/

We should start a new thread for the new season before it starts. Feel free… wink

We also had a Boardworld league for Fantasy EPL which I am happy to start again before the season starts. For that matter, when does it start?

Yes, I’m definitely in on a football thread (needn’t just be EPL, so much out there to talk about)
Crackers will be in on it too, when he is around.

Liverpool are the club with the deepest roots in my heart!
At home, I’m above all a fan of Australian football. I really, really want the league to do well. Wanderers! Still went along to sydney FC games sometimes when I could because of ADP. Would love to see Canberra and Wollongong wolves back in the comp.
Keen observer of Barca, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Bayern…
Love to hate Chelsea, Man U and Real….and wherever Jose Mourinho ends up next.