The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Product Feedback - please leave your feedback here

Nike DK Zoom Boots

I pulled the trigger on an outrageously coloured pair of boots a month or so ago to replace my comfy as fuck Solamon F20’s which have served me well and are in good nick but i just…wanted new boots.

Straight out of the box they feel like your favourite pair of old shoes. So fucking comfy and felt like they were already broken in. They were THAT comfy.

They are a medium stiffness id say. But i have only owned 2 pairs of boots my whole life so im basing this off not much insight into how stiff other boots are!

All i can say is they rock my socks hard.

Now Select Bindings

Busted these bad boys out on my Yes Typo. Instantly noticed a looser, surfier feel to my board than my old Rome 390 Boss’ bindings. I havent put them through their full paces as of yet. Will get to do that next weekend on my new board i will be debuting BUT so far i likey, i likey a lot.

Stay tuned for more on the bindings and the new stick.

HexFlex

Got this off Kickstarter for cheap when I saw it on r/snowboarding.

Works great as a multi tool if you have normal bindings, like so.

Not so good when you want to use it to tighten EST bindings to the board as sides of the binding get in the way of the tool.

It’s alright for fixing other parts of the EST binding, like fixing your straps (yes I know that’s not necessary to use a tool for this type of screw) or highback rotation.

Burton Hostile

I found Burton’s size chart to be pretty spot on for buying jackets online while I was shopping for the Hostile and Swash. The fit around the chest and shoulders along with the sleeves are perfect, only thing I didnt know was that it was long.

Apparently people with my chest size (40”) are supposed to be several inches taller (I’m 5’7”). Totally my fault for buying outerwear via internet and going bench presses repeatedly for the past few years. Then again, would I buy a smaller size but make my chest feel uncomfortable? I dont have a clue but I gotta admit that buying clothes online as a guy that has a disproportionate body for his size is pretty tough. If I use the powder skirt on the jacket, it would be going under my ass and supporting it like a bra.

Smith Prophecy

I bought this OTG goggle online as well and my initial concern was if it would fit my larger than normal glasses. It is definitely a good fit. This should give you an idea of how big/small my glasses are

Burton Flight Attendant 156 first impressions

Day 1 on my 56 FA. This one is much stiffer than the 59 I demoed last spring. Tail pressing it I can barely get the nose 1-2 inches off the ground. Torsionally it’s pretty stiff too. I like the board, but probably just need to be broken in. I feel that this is more aggressive than my Lando. Not an ounce of playfulness (at least right now). Pop off some rollers and side hit was nice, but I feel like the Lando is a bit more poppy.

Freakin awesome for carving and turning though, eurocarves never felt so easy. I like the edge hold better than my Lando with mag .5. I like the sidecut, tight enough that it’s responsive but not like my Proto HD which is likes to hook up and turn up hill if you crank it really hard. Charges through choppy snow, way more comfortable flatbasing/straightlining on this than on my Lando. I don’t think this is gonna be my daily driver though.

Man Oakely Prizm lens is awesommeeeee. I usually have terrible vertigo which makes me sideslip the whole way down on a whiteout condition, not with this one. I still have to go slow, but I can actually see more and ride down in a whiteout. The contrast is crazyyyy. Highly highly recommend. Once you go prizm, you never go back.

Flight Attendant is breaking in more, still stiff but not that super mega stiff like the first day.

skip11 - 28 December 2014 03:14 PM

Man Oakely Prizm lens is awesommeeeee. I usually have terrible vertigo which makes me sideslip the whole way down on a whiteout condition, not with this one. I still have to go slow, but I can actually see more and ride down in a whiteout. The contrast is crazyyyy. Highly highly recommend. Once you go prizm, you never go back.

Amen!

^ ^ +2