The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

World Cup Discussion Thread

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with Suarez? Uruguay are already through and you do something as stupid as biting another player in the World Cup. MORON!

I take back everything I said about him having changed. haha.

Maybe he was just hungry.

Hahaha i am literally dumbfounded.

Like i have done some dumb shit playing rugby (copped a 9 month suspension once haha).

But i never bit anyone, THEN to go and do it again?! The bloke is kidding himself. The bite marks were hectic!

Good bye to any credibility or respect anyone has for him.

deanobruce - 25 June 2014 07:42 PM

Hahaha i am literally dumbfounded.

Like i have done some dumb shit playing rugby (copped a 9 month suspension once haha).

But i never bit anyone, THEN to go and do it again?! The bloke is kidding himself. The bite marks were hectic!

Good bye to any credibility or respect anyone has for him.

Respect? For a known racist biter?
Never had any to start with
what a grub

Which team spend most time on the ground because of “injuries”?

http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-world-rankings-of-flopping-1403660175

Suarez is a rodent. Finds tight spaces and bites peoples faces!

Hahahaha.

He totally deserves to be banned at least till the end of the World Cup.

I still can’t believe he did that!

on it own yes, but seeing at this is his 3rd offence at such a high level i’d like to see a bit more. He got 7 games on his first bite, and 10 on his second.. This should be 10 at the very least!

cords - 20 June 2014 09:02 PM

Even though I am a Liverpool fan, I used to strongly dislike Suarez, despite his obvious brilliance. I didn’t think his attitude and behaviour reflected the values of the club.

Since he came back from the biting suspension though, in my opinion, he is a different player. His attitude has changed immensely. I watched nearly every single one of liverpool’s matches this last season and it was really noticeable. Is he now some kind of angel? No, of course not - is his attitude 50x better than previous seasons? Most definitely. I noticed this all through last season, but as an example, the last couple of games of the season were when it was most obvious. The game against chelsea and the one we drew with palace are matches where he would have completely lost the plot before…got frustrated and lashed out, but it didn’t happen.

Just my 2c

I don’t think your retraction should let you off so easily wink

this is a favourite of mine

LOL

Suarez banned for four months. What an idiot. Totally deserves it too.

9 International matches and 4 months of football total. I think a fair cop. Not to mention all the backlash he will get from fans all over the world.
I read earlier that he has lost 300k twitter followers in the last 2 days!

Ah well the group stage is done! Thanks to sporting bet I am $100 richer in picking the winners of each group bar group D! I nearly picked Italy but it was a tricky group so I left it out of my multi..

Some reallyyyyyyyyyy juicy matches coming up, Brazil v Chile, Columbia v Uruguay, Netherlands v Mexico!
USA v Belgium will be an interesting one too.

I’m backing France vs Netherlands final and the French to win it! Dutch will be ropable to lose 2 finals in a row
My tipping thus far has been poor so those 2 will probably get knocked out now haha..