The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

MTB Thread

Yeah that’s what mine are. Nasty metal cages. Really thin pieces of metal cut into spikes and really narrow shape… pretty terrible. And yeah the first thing I did too was rip the reflectors off.

But I think a nice big set of flats to stand on will make a difference to my riding. If nothing else it will just make it less annoying. The XC tracks were closed for a race today so we spent the day lapping the downhill course. And I spent half the time repositioning my feet, instead of paying attention gulp

I was looking at the Shimano Saints. They look like the shape that I want and good value for money (on sale).

Are there any particular pedals you guys like?

Go with the Saints, for what they cost you won’t regret it. I have a few mates that are using them and have only heard good things.

Andy Aitken - 25 May 2014 04:58 PM

I was looking at the Shimano Saints. They look like the shape that I want and good value for money (on sale).

Are there any particular pedals you guys like?

had them on my bike. they were the goods

Okay will do!

Cheers peeps

Reading this thread has made me super nostalgic for my season riding DH in whis a couple of years back.  Scary as shit but what a buzz.  Loving the videos of boardworlders riding their bikes.  Don’t be shy about posting some more if you’re riding this summer, a man trapped in a flat part of England would appreciate it!

Possibly a contender for ‘The best thing you have seen on the internet today?’ thread as well.

LOL thats awesome

MTB lovers, the UCI MTB Woulr Cup: Leongan, Austria event is on tonight at 10:15 pmAEST at http://live.redbull.tv/ or on your apple TV

Ill be watching. The downhill track looks so sick http://www.redbull.com/au/en/bike/stories/1331658405590/course-preview-man-down-in-leogang

Here’s a Red Bull write up on the place I’m riding this summer. We’re having a cracking time so far and I’ve only fallen off once with luckily no damage to the bike (most importantly!) or me. Was very grateful for all my protection gear!
I’ve still got so much technique to learn and practise but really enjoying it.

http://www.redbull.com/se/en/bike/stories/1331664138014/åre-bike-park-the-most-beautiful-riding-destination-on-earth

Looks epic. Now I’m depressed. Back at Uni, too poor to get to the snow, too wet to ride/skate #firstworldproblems. I’m liking the course I’m doing though, so I’ve got that going for me lol.

We got the first snow of the year last week just before the bike park closed…I had to go off and be a grown up and teach at school that day but Fred went riding. He made a cool little edit of the results!

Nice. Would have been fun riding in the snow!

Nice one cords. Looks real pretty out there with a fresh dusting of snow. Would have been a great feeling riding out there alone in that.
Did he say if it got slippery at all?

Anyone watch a live stream or the stream replay (2.5hrs LOL ) ??

I watched it the other day. Was some awesome riding that went down! not as many tricks as previous years but that was to be expected as it was a new course. The bottow section was pretty flat with lots of rhythm jumps which was a bit boring, but the top section was gnarly as hell. Some of the steeps and drops those guys did were mentally insane.
and the 70foot canyon gap was rad. some crazy crashes causd by that!

K2_TeacherBoy - 01 October 2014 05:29 PM

Nice one cords. Looks real pretty out there with a fresh dusting of snow. Would have been a great feeling riding out there alone in that.
Did he say if it got slippery at all?

Yeah it was definitely slippery. There are a crew of local riders who still ride in the winter. They use pretty fat tyres and make them winter tyres with extra grip by punching small nails through. Pretty sick!

Here’s a pic from them:

https://www.facebook.com/ohreyriders/photos/pb.493891410692663.-2207520000.1412157314./585401701541633/?type=3&theater;