The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New Boardworld landing page

Hey guys,

We are pretty close to launching the skate section. After several months of work and filming we are almost there.

When we launch skate, there will be a new homepage, which will allow you to select which section of the website you want to go into.

Anyway, this is what the new landing page at http://www.boardworld.com.au is going to look like (there may be a couple more buttons towards the bottom, but this is the basic idea). We wanted it to be simple but in-line with the rest of the website (make sure you scroll over the buttons).

Check it out and let me know what you think…

http://landing.boardworld.com.au/

Cheers,

Jeremy smile

Nice big buttons to push.

Yeh I like it. When I first opened it I didnt like it and felt like there was something missing, just a bit to black and white even with the scroll over buttons. But after coming back to it a bit later, I like it.
What other buttons would you be thinking of adding?
Also, just a thought, does Boardworld have a “slogan/motto”? If it did i think it would be good to have it on the page somewhere. Like under the boardworld logo or across the bottom of the page.
If there isnt one, could that maybe be a competition, to come up with one for the site?

my 2c smile

I like it, but something seems slightly amiss to me. I can’t quite pinpoint exactly what though! Perhaps it might be to do with the “balance” of the screen…

The buttons below will most likely be drop downs. i.e. The button will say ‘About Snow’ and when you click about 300 words of text will drop down. To be honest this is mainly for SEO purposes.

Please keep the feedback coming.

I like it, needs a bit of something tho, maybe a graphic or motion of something in the background?

I like it, but the ‘Register’ text looks distorted

When is the surf section due to come?

snowforshow - 30 September 2010 11:26 AM

When is the surf section due to come?

Surf will launch on the forums in a few weeks. The surf section is probably about 6 months away.

I’ll get the register button fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

If you added a graphic, I’d suggest moving the BW logo up, and centering an image… or maybe better a series of images, that either scroll every 5 secs, or a different pic that loads each time and centering that image under the BW logo….
Rather than adding a big background image. I think the solid black looks good, it is simple and just a landing page.

Another idea, is that the image could change to it’s sport, like when you scroll over SNOW you get the drop down text box, and the pic changes to a SNOW pic… when you scroll over skate, the image changes to SKATE pic.

Looking good, I think if you could space out the buttons just a little it would look a little cleaner.  But thats my opinion.  Cant wait to see the launch!

rider26 - 02 October 2010 03:27 AM

Surf will launch on the forums in a few weeks.

Sahweeeeeet! I’ve been meaning to ask if that was going to happen…

totaly awsome rider love it!!