The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Camber boards

I’m thinkin of gettin a medium-medium stiff cambered board for next season, prefereably a twin or directional twin size 152-154. I’m having a hard time of compiling a list of good cambered boards since most companies have gone reverse, flat, or hybrid. So far here are the list (UPDATED and shortened):

- YES the Ghost
- DC media blitz
- DC MLF (this season’s)
- APO Iconic (Sage’s board)
- D-Day snowboards (website is going to launch this june)
- Burton Custom restricted
- Lib Tech Jamie Lynn (it’s C3 I know)
- Burton Custom (it’s directional but still twinish in a way)
- Rome Agent
- Rome Mod
- Olive Hunter (directional 5mm taper, saw my instructor riding it, waist width might be too narrow for my liking)
- Slash ATV Hub (this season’s, next season’s graphic sucks balls)
- Salomon Man’s Board

If anyone has ridden any of the board above and can give some feedback would be

I’m not too sure about stepchild or dinosaurs will die because I never tried their boards and it seems a lot of them are softer flexing boards.

Love me some camber!

At the start of the year I went through a similar selection process. I wanted either a full camber or at the least something with camber between the feet (camrock style)

The big difference is I was looking for something soft/medium flex. Here’s a copy and paste of some of the boards I had listed as possibles. Some/Most probably won’t apply to you but worth having a look as I noticed you were missing some brands like Ride and flow.

FYI I ended up with a Rome Reverb. Haven’t ridden it on the snow yet but after a living room shred and general inspection so far I’m stoked on it.

capita outsiders
fyve alex lehours camrock
rossi jibsaw
batalleon goliath
jones mountaintwin
yes jackpot
yes greats
yes tdf
flow shifty
flow quantum
ride machete gt
ride berserker
ride dh
ride buck up
rome reverb
saloman time machine
burton process
burton custom
burton nug camber
burton parkitect

Yeah I’ll second that. Love camber!

The Process that I’m riding atm is… good. Enough.
It was the best thing I could find around the 162 size.
As soon as you go 160+ brands think that people only want powder boards. Pretty annoying.

But for you, you will have WAY more options in a camber.

The things that I would change about the Process is it’s just a little too soft. Also it has a slightly scooped nose and tail which I never wanted again after owning a Bataleon. But it was the closest board I could get. I had to settle for it.

Knowing you as a rider, I don’t think you would enjoy it.

If you want to go Burton, I think the Custom Camber or Custom X would be your jam.
I had the Custom Camber too but sold it (not enough torsional flex for me for speed through moguls and it’s directional). I’m looking at the new Custom Blend for 2015. I don’t even know what it is yet, but my fingers are crossed it’s just like the Custom but a true twin.

Oh and I forgot, I could get one because it doesn’t come in a wide :’(
BUT the Custom Restricted is just like the Custom Camber but a true twin.
So gutted it didn’t come in a wide wah

I think you might really like it.

Also it looks like this grin

Signal makes several camber boards and the OG would most likely suit your flex requirements.  I have a 2012 OG camber and it’s quite nice, although I wish it had some sort of Magnetraction.

Jones Aviator is camber, but not twin.  Does look like an interesting board, though.

@Andy: “I’m looking at the new Custom Blend for 2015. I don’t even know what it is yet, but my fingers are crossed it’s just like the Custom but a true twin.”

It’s a true twin but they’re making the core off axis, made for duck footed riders. I’m not sure if the sidecut is asym or not, I think it’s regular sidecut but just the core is asym.

The 152 Custom X waist width is too narrow, only 244mm.

Yeah, that custom restricted looks sweet gonna add that to my list. I totally forgot next season’s APO Iconic (sage’s board) and d-day snowboards (Roach’s new company). I’m gonna update my first post.

@drc13: A lot of those boards you listed are camrock which I’m not a big fan of. I generally don’t like rocker outside my bindings, except S-Rocker where the rocker is closer to the contact points. I’ve considered Ride DH, but the graphic sucks. I know it’s a stupid thing but if I’m spending hundreds of dollars I want a board that I like to look at or at least something that I don’t hate looking at.

@mudhoney: Signal’s waist width is too narrow for next season’s board. I’ve also demoed an Omni a few season’s back and not a fan of the sidecut.

Ok, couldn’t find the custom restriced camber in a 151 so I think I’m just gonna wait till next season to get the board. Most likely it will be DC media blitz.