The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Product Feedback - please leave your feedback here

Ya it’s a bit harder and inconsistent but I can roughly tell how it would ride if I put my bindings on.

Can you though?

I mean some systems/technologies may be incompatible between boards/bindings that wouldn’t be apparent without riding them together.

What systems/tech are incompatible with each other?

NOW bindings ride quite a bit different so I knew if the board feels decent and I put my NOWs it’ll ride better. I can tell right away if I will not like a board usually. But ya, demoing them with my own bindings will definitely give a better gauge.

2014 Lib Tech Lando first impressions

First day on my Lando. My riding style is crusing/carving groomers, side hits, small park jumps, pow, steeps, trees (nothing too tight), butter here and there, nothing crazy. First thing that I noticed, this board has crazy pop. Lando ain’t kiddin when he says “This thing will send you to the moon” in the Lib video. Off jumps and small side hits, I can get higher than I would normally with my Proto. The weight is a little bit heavier than my Proto.

The spec says it’s directional twin, so twin shape with set back stance. But I also found it has a directional flex, tail stiffer than the nose. Mag .5 is awesome too, grips great on hard pack but not too obtrusive. I just need to get used to the mellow sidecut. I’m used to boards with 7-8m sidecut, so this one likes to go straight more rather than doing euro carves. Not the best board for end of the day moguls. So far I’m stoked on the Lando.

Thanks for the feedback, Skip. thumbsup

How many snowboards do you have now?

4 ahaha. Do you want to buy me another one? =)

Haha nuh… there’s a few boards on my radar though.

I definitely want to get a YES. Greats 154 for Whistler next season, with a fresh set of Now Select bindings mounted onto it.

Have you tried some of Lib’s boards? I think you will like them. The banana magic I think is a bit similar to your Octorocker. I don’t like the Select’s ankle strap for some reason. Might be the size or the new fuse material. I really like my NOW IPOs but I might get me some Union T.Rice for next season. More comfy than my IPOs but less damp and less responsive.

I can’t ride that asym sidecut, didn’t like it.

I have, but I’m not a huge fan to be honest. ComRock suits my riding style a lot better.

Yeah, I absolutely love my IPOs. They are such an awesome binding, and the straps are the bomb. I may end up taking my IPOs over instead of buying Selects. Not sure yet.

What don’t you like about the asym sidecut? I really like it. Works great for me.

You need to try a pair of the FLUX DL’s with the Greats!!!!!

@rider26: I just don’t like the sidecut hooking up like that when doing heelside turns. Maybe I can get used to it? I’m not sure. I never found the regular sidecut is lacking in anything. Yeah the IPOs are awesome, I have 2 pairs.

Yeah, you’re a big fan of the CamRock eh? I like C2 style boards more. If I have to pick board profiles it’ll be C2, S-Rocker, C3, CamRock, camber, flat to rocker, and flat; in that order. The thing I don’t like about CamRock is that they feel short and the tips are always lifted up and it feels a little loose to me. Where as with C2 I can press the rocker down.

Interesting, I’ve never felt that with the asym sidecut. In fact, I love how it rides. It definitely reduces heelside chatter and gives a tighter turn when carving.

Yeah, I really appreciate CamRock. I’m more of a full camber man myself, so I like how CamRock has a lot of the performance characteristics of regular camber. I love the energy and pop between my feet; it’s more aggressive and powerful. In my opinion, CamRock is the most versatile profile on the market, while still having high performance characteristics of camber. It’s basically a cambered board that’s a bit quicker to turn, easier to press, and increased float in powder. It’s also a lot more stable on rails compared to other hybrid and rocker profiles.

I guess it also depends what type of camrock. Most of YES boards now has CamRock that extends past the bindings and has more camber. Whereas in years past it was camber only until the middle of the inserts and very small amount of camber. That changes the ride a whole lot. With my PYL the CamRock is more like an S-Rocker with very very tiny rocker at the tail and small rocker up at the nose just a few inches before the contact points which is probably why I like the board.

Resident Singaporean, I split your question on breaking in boots into another thread to keep it more focussed.

Your new thread is here: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/15840/

I will reply to your question shortly.

Product Review: Rad Boot Dryer
Executive Summary: it works.  Get one.

Got this from Jez a year or two ago but only got to use it in anger over the past two weeks.  I’ve been having issues getting damp feet in my Nitro Team TLS boots.  I can deal with this by ripping out the inners at the end of each day and hanging it all out on the pegs in the drying room.  Needless to say this is a hassle and doesn’t always guarantee dry boots if the drying room is super-loaded with other wet gear.  Enter the Rad.  I just whack my wet boots straight on the dryer and leave them there overnight.  In the morning they are completely dry and warm and I don’t have to waste time re-assembling my boots.  As an added bonus I don’t have to take up 4 hooks in the drying room.