The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Binding Overhang Help

Recently I picked up my board and bindings and finally set it up just the way I wanted it to be setup however I noticed that the bindings were hanging over the board just a little bit and wanted some feed back from you guys. Board: Capita Ultrafear fk 2014 (149cm) Bindings: raiden Zero (Large)
http://imgur.com/a/mhYBV
That is the link to a couple photos I took of them.
Appreciate the help and support!

Hey Pattyyy,

Hard to tell what the “big picture” looks like from ya snapshots!!!!!

Maybe post some more with the heel and toe visible, the disk, and also with your boots strapped in with a shot from the base!!!!!

We can prob help more with this visual info!!!!! shaka

And by the looks of it, you haven’t adjusted the “gas pedal” at all?????

* The Toe Bed further out than its shortest settins!!!!!

Yeah, I only got these. It’s centered already so it seems right and I actually need to get a new pair of boots! which I’m currently doing so once i get get them I can adjust my straps.

Strappin ya boot into the binder will tell you (and us) if the binder is truly centered!!!!!

Pics will def help, so even ya old boots strapped in will help solve the problem!!!!!

It does definitely look like too much overhang on the gas pedal!!!!! (Dependant on boot size)

* Also adjustin ya straps will be the last step of the setup process!!!!!

If you guys dont mind, I’d like to ask about my binding set up too. If you do, let me know and I’ll make a separate topic.

I’d like to know if I have overhang as well.

I’ve done my binding setup using the following resources:
A similar question that was asked on this very forum (the search function is useful)
The setup and stance tutorial in the sticky topic
A video which shows all the customization options available on a Burton binding and the order to set them up
A video made by a redditor about knowing if the stance is good for you. (The original thread was super long yet I cant seem to find it)

And this is what I got as after using the above as reference:

Do I have overhang?

Some info that may be useful:
- I’m 175 cm tall
- Board is 150 cm (yes I shouldve gotten the 142 or 146 cm Nug)
- Boot size is 9.5 (I usually wear 10, but everyone keeps saying I should get a size smaller because it’ll pack out after much use)
- I have not fixed the high back rotation
- High back lean in neutral (default setting, not F2)

Just a general batch of ideas for both of you guys (and anyone else that’s wondering).

You should have equal amounts of toe and heel over hang:
So if you don’t, move the bindings forward or back (towards the toe or heel edge) until the overhang is equal.
You do this by removing your binding base plate screws and moving them one or 2 notches.
*Note* Just because the screws are centred on the bindings, does not mean they are set up correctly. All boots are different sizes, so ignore the centred binding thing and worry only about equalling out your toe and heel overhang.

If you have too much overhang no matter what, consider the following if it works for you:
- Widening your stance will put your bindings on a wider part of the board (provided that stance is still okay for you).
- Risers will lift your bindings up giving them more clearance.
- Do you have an adjustable gas pedal that can be pulled in and maybe even an adjustable heel cup?
- If the problem is boots and not bindings, look for a low profile boot that is the same size on the inside but smaller on the outside (many brands make them but the ones that fit me are burton, so that’s what I use, be careful to measure them because some brands claim low profile and are actually lying about the actual foot size *Caugh Salomon Caugh*)

Hope that’s helpful smile

Pattyyy - 30 March 2014 09:29 PM

Recently I picked up my board and bindings and finally set it up just the way I wanted it to be setup however I noticed that the bindings were hanging over the board just a little bit and wanted some feed back from you guys. Board: Capita Ultrafear fk 2014 (149cm) Bindings: raiden Zero (Large)
http://imgur.com/a/mhYBV
That is the link to a couple photos I took of them.
Appreciate the help and support!

What size are your boots? It would be best if you could post a photo of your boots strapped into the bindings.

It doesn’t really matter if your bindings hang over a little (as in the picture), but we need to see the boots strapped in. Depending on where they sit on the board you may even be able to move the bindings back a notch, which will remove the hangover.

Resident Singaporean - 31 March 2014 12:23 AM

If you guys dont mind, I’d like to ask about my binding set up too. If you do, let me know and I’ll make a separate topic.

I’d like to know if I have overhang as well.

I’ve done my binding setup using the following resources:
A similar question that was asked on this very forum (the search function is useful)
The setup and stance tutorial in the sticky topic
A video which shows all the customization options available on a Burton binding and the order to set them up
A video made by a redditor about knowing if the stance is good for you. (The original thread was super long yet I cant seem to find it)

And this is what I got as after using the above as reference:

Do I have overhang?

Some info that may be useful:
- I’m 175 cm tall
- Board is 150 cm (yes I shouldve gotten the 142 or 146 cm Nug)
- Boot size is 9.5 (I usually wear 10, but everyone keeps saying I should get a size smaller because it’ll pack out after much use)
- I have not fixed the high back rotation
- High back lean in neutral (default setting, not F2)

You’re 100% fine. Overhang is normal; the problem lies when you have too much, which you don’t. That is normal overhang and won’t interfere with your riding at all. Size 9.5 boots and a 255mm waist will have no problems, guaranteed. The only thing I will mention is in one of the photos, it looks like boot has more heel overhang than toe overhang. Try to make them as even as possible, as in the image below. That said, they may very well already be in the position that gives you the most even overhang, in which case just leave it (because it is minimal), but it’s worth playing around and seeing your options. For example, EST bindings you can get perfect because they slide and you can position them anywhere, but other bindings have “notches” so you can only move them by certain increments, which doesn’t always make it better.

Off topic
That nug graphic is rad!!! So much better than my one
/off topic