The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Great Count Down!

84 DAYS TILL THE SNOW!!

Yesterdays post didn’t send?

and that was 83..

making today..

82 DAYS TILL THE SNOW!!

81 DAYS TILL THE SNOW!!

Saw a car with ski/board racks on today.  Bit keen?

Haha one of the guys from our local board shop put up a photo of him mountain bike riding our our way, and in the pic was his car… With his board racks on… (I’m assuming he never took them off) but I found it funny!

mine came off the weekend after out last trip (last week of the season)  and will go on probs opening weekend (weekend before we go down)  I dont like the look of them on my car, but they are extremely useful!

I had to put mine on just before Christmas to pick up the wife’s skis.  Felt like a bit of a merchant banker.

Mudhoney - 17 March 2014 01:51 PM

I had to put mine on just before Christmas to pick up the wife’s skis.  Felt like a Massive Wanker.

smirk  tongue wink

LOL

80 DAYS TILL THE SNOW!!

Azz - 18 March 2014 07:19 AM
Mudhoney - 17 March 2014 01:51 PM

I had to put mine on just before Christmas to pick up the wife’s skis.  Felt like a Massive Wanker.

smirk  tongue wink

Bloody oath I did!  The skis are pink too!

LOL

h0z - 17 March 2014 01:29 PM

Haha one of the guys from our local board shop put up a photo of him mountain bike riding our our way, and in the pic was his car… With his board racks on… (I’m assuming he never took them off) but I found it funny!

That’s most people in Canberra. A lot of people leave them on year round. I always took mine off, they are just big wind sails!

I need to get new racks for my new car though :-( not looking forward to that expense.

Yep, they aren’t cheap…

all up I think I’ve spend around 8-900 :(

was about 600 for the racks and extending board carriers (they slide out off the roof.. I’m short so I kinda needed this). Then I got lockable straps with cable threaded through them..  They were another 100 then we got angled board racks aswell.. They were around 180 from memory..

but now I can carry 6 boards on my roof, with bindings, and about 5-6 more in Mr.h0zs bag that’s strapped between the board carriers!!

works out well.. When here are 10 of us I can put most of the boards on my roof. And our luggage in the boot, then put extra luggage (passengers in my car, if they have more then one small bag) in some one else car,  usually have my car with boards, and a friends car with a few of the other boards, and luggage. Then a 3rd car with just luggage.. smile

was definitely worth the money to have the space back inside the car! Especially on a 6-7 hour drive each way!

Also..

79 DAYS TILL THE SNOW!!

(Yeww!! 20% of the way through the count down!)

h0z - 19 March 2014 10:10 AM

but now I can carry 6 boards on my roof, with bindings, and about 5-6 more in Mr.h0zs bag that’s strapped between the board carriers!!

works out well.. When here are 10 of us I can put most of the boards on my roof. And our luggage in the boot, then put extra luggage (passengers in my car, if they have more then one small bag) in some one else car,  usually have my car with boards, and a friends car with a few of the other boards, and luggage. Then a 3rd car with just luggage.. smile

sounds like you guys are packing enough stuff to last a full season without washing or riding the same board more than once a week LOL

Haha not really, more we have lots of people!

on my 2 week trip I take one board (if its not great conditions I take the old one too just incase)

my boots, helmet, 2 pairs of pants jackets and gloves and goggles.. 2-3 tall hoodies (it is for 14 days and they can get dirty fast since I am in them from the time I get up untill I got to bed/shower, and unless its really windy or snow/raining that’s my primary outer layer) my ugg boots, a beanie or 2, a scarf, trackpants, jeans, a few t shirts and a few long sleeve shirts for under neath, a few pairs of tights and 2 pairs of socks,  then just camera stuff.. (dslr and gopro)

I wear everything 2-3 times in that stint.. And wash some stuff while I’m there,

on a week long trip its only one set of every thing, except, under clothing, t shirts, hoodies, and gloves smile. (id rather have a spare or 2 than need something and not have it..)

remember we go with 10-12 people for 2 weeks, most of them have 2 boards (or more)  LOL