The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

AYC - Some of the craziest/smoothest skating I’ve seen.

You’ll have to excuse my ignorance, I know nothing about this brand.

1. How did they get the name?
2. How the hell did they get so many great skaters on one team?
Either way, killer video right here.

No idea how they got the name, but the team is stacked because of cash. Simple as that. Apparently the owner of the company is Lil Wayne (no shit, lots of people high up the chain confirm it and he’s been prominent around the company). Big money going into this. They sell at a lot of non-skate stores too so it’s one of those half and half companies. Bieber has been spotted wearing their clothes.

Good team, lame brand.

walker - 14 March 2014 04:58 PM

No idea how they got the name, but the team is stacked because of cash. Simple as that. Apparently the owner of the company is Lil Wayne (no shit, lots of people high up the chain confirm it and he’s been prominent around the company). Big money going into this. They sell at a lot of non-skate stores too so it’s one of those half and half companies. Bieber has been spotted wearing their clothes.

Good team, lame brand.

I thought Stevie Williams was the man behind the brand? After DGK he would be stacked full of coin. It’s a great team with a crap name and I bet it doesn’t last a year.

All I know is their vids are ridiculous!

Can’t stop bieber from wearing their stuff. Can hate him for it though. Dirty little poser.

bkrtron - 14 March 2014 05:19 PM
walker - 14 March 2014 04:58 PM

Good team, lame brand.

I thought Stevie Williams was the man behind the brand? After DGK he would be stacked full of coin. It’s a great team with a crap name and I bet it doesn’t last a year.

They want it to appear as if Stevie is behind it. He’s no doubt got the coin to put something like this together. There’s no official word on who owns the company, it’s just speculation from insiders and rumours (Wayne spotted at trade shows with the company etc).

I think they’ll last. Stacked team, they put out a good amount of content and kids will buy it. It’s the content they put out that has me psyched. Lots of companies like this wouldn’t be doing tours and whatnot. Plus Blake Carpenter is one of my favourite skaters, so it’s good to see him no doubt earning some decent cash.