The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Trouble with board size?

deanobruce - 14 March 2014 03:35 PM

I know you agree with me!

But he won’t admit it cause K2 make them!!!!! LOL

I’m saying I haven’t tried the flows.. Therefore I don’t have an opinion on them, so I’m not going to jump to conclusions on whether they are good nor bad.. 

I PERSONALLY prefer my step ins, over the ratcheted bindings I have used.. But I’m not going to collectively say ALL ratchet bindings are shit. Because I dont use them..  and they aren’t shit, I just like my bindings.. going from my own experience..  And I believe the fastec bindings are one of the best step in systems, and I will continue to use them… Sure you don’t have to like them, or even try them.. But untill you have gone out and tried every single stepin/back entry/fast back binding on the market.. No one can say as a whole that rear entry bindings are “shit”..  From your own personal experience (and not word of mouth or ‘a mate said this’)  what brand/system of rear entry bindings have you tried and why specifically did you not like them/think they are “shit”?

My response of “Don’t” is simply for the reason that even if you are 2 seconds faster than conventional two strap bindings, that 2 seconds means nothing in terms of gainin any advantages!!!!!

Simply the fact of havin more components increases risk of one of those components failin!!!!!

Not a good thing to happen not only on the hill, but possibly in a country that won’t have parts to repair the breakdown!!!!!

Most conventional binders can be “frankensteined” in an emergency, and that sole reason can make or break ya whole experience right there!!!!!

There are a few other admitedly minimal disadvantages when compared to conventional, and regardless of how they perform, you can always find a conventional binder that can equal the same performance!!!!!

My ¥20!!!!!

I agree with the majority here. Bindings with straps is what I would recommend.

Mine still have straps.  LOL  teacherboy  LOL

Another vote for “traditional” bindings here. I’ve had a set of K2 auto bindings where the toe strap automatically tightened with the ankle strap. Best thing I did was get rid of them and replace them with my Rome’s which are actually way quicker to get in and out of.

A decent set of bindings with good ratchets/straps and learning to stay standing while strapping in/out means time spent is negligible. A case of keep it simple.

h0z - 14 March 2014 03:46 PM

..  From your own personal experience (and not word of mouth or ‘a mate said this’)  what brand/system of rear entry bindings have you tried and why specifically did you not like them/think they are “shit”?

I never said i heard from mates? i said they have them. And as we always swap boards at some point when someone has new tech i have personally used all of them. I have used Flows, the K2 auto ever, and 2 others i cant recall the names of right now.

They range from the normal step in (Flows) to the K2 and the others which still had normal racthets/straps as you describe yours as being.

They are shit as there is no way to tighten them down as hard as you can with normal straps. Sure you can put your foot in, lock in the high back then crank down the ratchets for the toe/ankle strap but that negates the point of step ins no?

They also didn’t perform as good as my existing bindings (Rome 390 Boss & Ride Contraband) in regards to flex and feel due to the above point i believe.

Those 2 points to me are what i constitute as making them a shit binding.

The prosecution rests your honour.  LOL

Mizu Kuma - 14 March 2014 03:44 PM
deanobruce - 14 March 2014 03:35 PM

I know you agree with me!

But he won’t admit it cause K2 make them!!!!! LOL

Damn Fanboi!

I was at Twelve today, and was very close to buying the YES 420 with FLUX Raw bindings. So shuv it.  tongue wink

Yeah, but ya couldn’t do it could ya?????

I bet ya got all sweaty, and started lookin weird at other customers and shit, before runnin out yellin “I can’t do it, I can’t do it”, with ya arms wavin around ya head, knocking all their promo stuff over as ya ran out the doors!!!!!

Jokes aside, you’d love the RK’s, mate!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 15 March 2014 07:42 PM

I bet ya got all sweaty, and started lookin weird at other customers and shit, before runnin out yellin “I can’t do it, I can’t do it”, with ya arms wavin around ya head, knocking all their promo stuff over as ya ran out the doors!!!!!

Couldnt afford it, being offically a jobless hobo now haha

deanobruce - 15 March 2014 07:16 PM
h0z - 14 March 2014 03:46 PM

..  From your own personal experience (and not word of mouth or ‘a mate said this’)  what brand/system of rear entry bindings have you tried and why specifically did you not like them/think they are “shit”?

They are shit as there is no way to tighten them down as hard as you can with normal straps. Sure you can put your foot in, lock in the high back then crank down the ratchets for the toe/ankle strap but that negates the point of step ins no?

Those 2 points to me are what i constitute as making them a shit binding.

ok, fair enough points, (I haven’t tried any ones other than my ones - so I don’t know,)

but mine once tightened, stay really tight.. I never have to adjust the straps, (they open up when the back does.. I shut the back, then clip the strap down.. And they are done.. (infact I’ve had them too tight before, ). If we are down the same time.. I’ll show you mine.. Because they aren’t like any of the others I’ve seen or been told about.. 

dont really want to argue about it.. And wasn’t aiming it specifically at you. (or anyone in general) just asking for reasons/facts to why everyone thinks they are shit, as mine sound different and I really like them…

Edit: if you have midget feet you can put your boot in and try for yourself..  but you’d need max, size 8 in mens LOL

K2_TeacherBoy - 15 March 2014 08:26 PM
Mizu Kuma - 15 March 2014 07:42 PM

Couldnt afford it, being offically a jobless hobo now haha

You need to make up a crdboard sign sayin “out of work, need new board and bindings”!!!!!

haha, I will try that out!