The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Damaged Vans inner boots..

So I had a bit of an incident last night with my snowboard boots. I’d taken them off to get them to dry near the heater but during the night my inner boots have fallen over onto the heater melting them badly so I can’t wear them.

Is it possible to get new inner boots or do I cut my losses and buy new boots? The sucky part about buying new ones is the boots are only 2 months old and minimum wage isn’t great for replacing things spur of the moment when I need them for work.

Do you have an old pair of boot the same size?
If so, you could harvest the old liners to use in your current boots.

It won’t work very well between certain brands but sometimes it’s perfect. I actually know a few people who got Burton Ions this season and the liners sucked. So they put their old liners in and it worked perfectly. I was one of these people but sadly had to sell them instead because my old liners weren’t remove able.

I know they aren’t cheap but I have heard great things about Intuition liners.

https://intuitionliners.com/

Fanatyk Co. and McCoo’s in Whistler both stock the liners, so it might be worth checking them out before buying new boots.

So I’ve managed to get another pair of liners from Mountain Rider where I bought my boots from originally. Really great guy Matt in there helped me out without costing me a cent! A customer bought boots in the same size I wear and wore them for about 4 days in a month and broke a lacing loop in the boot and gave them back to the shop. They were just going to strip the boots for boa parts and throw out the boots and liners! So they were able to just give them to me.

So now I’ve got Vans boots and inner soles with K2 liners! Andy you were right most comfy boots now and I thought they were great before.

All is sorted for now but thinking about looking at the custom liners in case this ever happens again..

K2 liners are great! They use intuition liners

So you got Intuition liners for free! Score! grin

The guys at Mountain Riders are great. Stoked to hear they looked after you.