The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Alternatives ~ Different takes on Snowboards, Skateboards & other weird things to slide or roll on. 

We see plenty of different inventions that are a take on a snowboard or skateboard that are meant to replicate snowboarding on everything but snow and small snowboards to recreate skating on snow. When you come across them stick them in here smile

Came across this one

http://curvaboards.com

holy motion sickness batman!!
My kingdom for some sort of image stabilization!
Intrigued though!

I have one of these

well actually K2 has it at the moment and i wouldnt mind getting it back off you chap after watching this vid!!

then because my brain isnt working properly at the moment due to the lack of sleep, while i was googling what that ^^ board was called, i came across this

Looks a wrist snapping good time in the snow!!

bolt on idiocy

Check out the first comment on the link, I love the internet!!

That thing is interesting… the 2 centered wheels seem like a good way to stop it from bottoming out and getting caught on things.

I’ve got a Freebord as well, it’s good fun but it’s sort of like the ‘downhill mountain bike of the skateboard world’ by which I mean, it’s awesome to ride down hills, but not much good for anything else.

Freebords scare the hell out of me, and not just because of my ankle, a few mates bought some years ago and i had a go. Didnt go well and i dont like the fact if i come off im landing on tar/concrete at speed.

We have a Freebord, Skateboard with the snow blades on it & a snow deck, a skateboard with some sort of connection to a mini snowboard under that.

The Freebord is bloody dangerous, its operating speed is a little bit faster than what you can run when you bail…......

Exactly my fear of them!

I used to have one of these (might not be the exact one but it looked very similar). Built it, rode it, sold it. 50cc engine with twin exhaust, beefy wheels with suspension. Was heaps of fun while I had it.

*not my photo

Trent, Fast Eddie, Miz (with Grand Baby Miz) you need one of these.

Pic no work!!!!!

Im guessing he is posting one of these

Wonder how good it’ll be in the Park?????

It’s got a seatbelt for Vert anyways!!!!!

Yeah, thats the one K2. I was linking from another forum, guess you have to be a member on there :(

I’ve been waiting for those guys to release tht thing for over a year now!! Hurry up I want!!!!!!