The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your latest purchase?

lanox - 07 March 2014 11:18 AM

Keep in mind not every cans can be amped or even if u do u may not see any difference in some case they will sound worst off.

I’ll have to try out all my phones through the AVR then!!!!!

I haven’t yet as I don’t mind mind annoyin the prick that lives next door!!!!! smirk

Mizu Kuma - 07 March 2014 11:15 AM

Yeah they’re mainly just for use on the big jet plane, so haven’t really thought about an amp!!!!!

I’m the same, I can’t have them on for too long as I end up with steamed cauliflowers!!!!! But I hate havin plugs in as well!!!!!

I have to wear hearin protection at work, so that may have somethin to do with the aversion????? LOL

Yeah previously on planes I’ve been using fairly decent IEM style plugs (good SQ but due to the design also isolate out a lot of the outside noise) over an extended period of time my ears will still feel “sore” which is when I’ll either switch to the cheapo over ear planes ones or if resting I’ve invested in really good foamies (amazing the difference vs cheapies block out higher DB and heaps softer/mouldable so barely feel them in)

Funny you mention work ear protection. Was reading about people who have been using the industrial over the ear protection and integrating speaker drivers into the inside of them, apparently provides a very effective passive noise reduction (though the people at the front of the plane would look down on you with there bose/audio technica ANR sets)

Maybe I’ll hook some up for work????? LOL

ozgirl - 06 March 2014 06:23 PM
drc13 - 06 March 2014 01:38 PM
NBG - 06 March 2014 11:51 AM

Well come on then Kim, where would you have us go?

DRC you get sick a lot buddy, maybe drinking will help?

Kim would vote The Deck at Cronulla RSL for sure!  cheese

Haha.

But NBG I am not really sure where to suggest for you to go for your “big night out in the city”

I just didn’t think The Sheaf was that big on the must see list that people recommended it!

What was it recommended for? A good pick up joint?  Seriously curious!

Mates have been there and recommend it as a serious hot bed of talent, thats enough for me ha ha ha ha!

NBG - 07 March 2014 11:55 AM
ozgirl - 06 March 2014 06:23 PM
drc13 - 06 March 2014 01:38 PM
NBG - 06 March 2014 11:51 AM

Well come on then Kim, where would you have us go?

DRC you get sick a lot buddy, maybe drinking will help?

Kim would vote The Deck at Cronulla RSL for sure!  cheese

Haha.

But NBG I am not really sure where to suggest for you to go for your “big night out in the city”

I just didn’t think The Sheaf was that big on the must see list that people recommended it!

What was it recommended for? A good pick up joint?  Seriously curious!

Mates have been there and recommend it as a serious hot bed of talent, thats enough for me ha ha ha ha!

I agree with ur mate…

Mizu Kuma - 07 March 2014 11:40 AM

Maybe I’ll hook some up for work????? LOL

haha yeah cos what could possibly go wrong whilst being distracted in your workplace?! LOL

NBG - 07 March 2014 11:55 AM

+Lano shouting the drinks = winning

I did say I might be able to it depends if my mates are working in the night… Etc….

lanox - 07 March 2014 12:15 PM

I did say I might be able to it depends if my mates are working in the night… Etc….

Haha I know mate I’m just having a lend of you!  tongue wink

Just ordered 2014 Lib Tech Lando 154 cool smirk

That just happened shred  dance

DylanV - 06 April 2014 09:54 AM

That just happened shred  dance

looks like your torrent is ready wink

Plus a Facebook hit!!!!!

Got myself a nifty fifty. arriving tomorrow. Cant wait to start shooting stills and vid with it

Nice one, BigJ!!!!!