The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your latest purchase?

NBG - 06 March 2014 08:58 AM
lanox - 05 March 2014 04:01 PM

wait wait, if my memory is correct didn’t you say that deano is all about girls and not mates… or something on those lines hahahahaha

anyways lets organise a nigh in the city with dean and drc and hopefully he can get some female attention… lol

Touche Lano!  Deano is all about one girl, I’m a little less that way inclined currently.  I’m of the opinion that I want to hit up the eastern suburbs, I keep hearing about the Sheaf and somewhere else called Mrs Sippy.  I vote an apartment at Medina Double Bay with a couple of bedrooms would be just the ticket!

hahaha all good bro ,
sheaf is awesome lets go i might be able to organise free drinks for couple hours and cheap drinks after that…..

another quick purchase..

Audeze lcd-2

this one is for home…..

lanox - 06 March 2014 09:28 PM

Audeze lcd-2

Nice! We have an audiophile in the house. Being Planar Mag do you still use an amp to drive them?

lanox - 06 March 2014 09:12 PM

sheaf is awesome lets go i might be able to organise free drinks for couple hours and cheap drinks after that…..

Even nicer! Same deal goes for these girls you speak of?? tongue wink

drc13 - 06 March 2014 10:23 PM
lanox - 06 March 2014 09:28 PM

Audeze lcd-2

Nice! We have an audiophile in the house. Being Planar Mag do you still use an amp to drive them?

lanox - 06 March 2014 09:12 PM

Even nicer! Same deal goes for these girls you speak of?? tongue wink

Well i am married so i cant say much but the potential that goes there on saturday night is magical.

yes audeze need to be powered by amp otherwise they sound shiit, i use following amp

man i got about 6 sets worst headphones i ever purchased was beats freaking rubbish ... i wanted to bin them same day.

valves are soo sexy!!

trentradpants - 07 March 2014 08:15 AM

valves are soo sexy!!

What about Foofer Valves?????

Mizu Kuma - 07 March 2014 08:55 AM
trentradpants - 07 March 2014 08:15 AM

valves are soo sexy!!

What about Foofer Valves?????

They are even harder to repair once blown!

I have these for use on the PC at home.  Sound amazing and cost only about $30.

lanox - 06 March 2014 10:41 PM

i use following amp

Nice valves, I bet the hundredth listen of Hotel California sounds good on them!  grin

Reminds me that I’ll have to pick up my DIY chip amp from my parents one day!

Mudhoney - 07 March 2014 09:09 AM

Every headphone produces sound it just depends on quality.

Same as in snowboards u can buy them for 200 or 600 quality is that counts.

lanox - 07 March 2014 10:17 AM
Mudhoney - 07 March 2014 09:09 AM

Every headphone produces sound it just depends on quality.

Same as in snowboards u can buy them for 200 or 600 quality is that counts.

Exactly, which is why these are a good buy at that price.  They compare favourably to “gaming” headphones at $200+

Got some Audio Technica’s from Japan for Mrs Miz!!!!!

They have got an awesome way of reproducin tunes for the lug holes!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 07 March 2014 10:52 AM

Got some Audio Technica’s from Japan for Mrs Miz!!!!!

They have got an awesome way of reproducin tunes for the lug holes!!!!!

Yeah Audio Technica make some pretty decent cans for the price! Amp them up if you haven’t already makes a big difference.

I was actually just looking at a set of Audio Technica’s with noise cancellation for my upcoming flights but starting to think I might just stick with foam ear plugs (don’t know how well I’d sleep with big hot things around my ears)

Might have to give my ~10y/o HD580’s which have been gathering dust some more love!

Yeah they’re mainly just for use on the big jet plane, so haven’t really thought about an amp!!!!!

I’m the same, I can’t have them on for too long as I end up with steamed cauliflowers!!!!! But I hate havin plugs in as well!!!!!

I have to wear hearin protection at work, so that may have somethin to do with the aversion????? LOL

Keep in mind not every cans can be amped or even if u do u may not see any difference in some case they will sound worst off.