The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

I just realized the Burton Nug is meant to be ridden 10cm shorter

I regularly ride 153 cm but I got the 150 cm.

I also found out that the recommended binding size for 150 is large and I’m using a medium.

Tell me how screwed I am.

You didn’t do any research before forking out?

The 10cm thing is always in the first few words of any literature on the Nug.

Oh well, it will ride fine, just that you’ll miss out on all the benefits of a board that is 10cm shorter - like it being more agile, a lil easier to spin etc. Not a biggie.

As for the binding recommendation, that’s straight up wrong. The best binding size is what ever fits YOUR boot the best - the more snug the fit is the better.

I just keyed in my particulars on the board finder function at Burtons site and I saw the board being recommended so I looked for the cheapest option available online and grabbed it as soon as I found a good deal.

Now I’m wondering if it’ll ride like a 160 board and if it does then I could use it for all mountain/pow riding.

My other concern is if the bindings could be attached in the first place and if using medium on a board that requires a large is akin to riding a wide stick.

It will ride like a 150 - stress less.

As I said, the binding recommendation is wrong. A SMALL binding will ft just fine on that board and work fine providing it fits your boot.

So your stuck with this board right? I reckon it will be fine for you, and I guess you will find out what it rides like when you ride it.

PS: What’s the going rate on the Nug at the moment?

Every part of my being and wallet wants to believe you. Will definitely find out when I go out and use it.

They go about $250 - 340 now.

How much do you weigh? What size boots do you wear?

Weight is about 170 and I wear size us 10

I weigh 160 & have size 10 boots. I had the 150 nug & had medium bindings on it. It was perfect actually. I loved it but sold it for a 152 root ( the flattop directional nug). You’ll be fine

How tall are you?

Do you usually ride 160cm+ boards?

I think you’ll be fine, too.

FYI you’re perfectly within Burton’s suggested weight range for that board. 255mm is slightly on the wide end of the spectrum for your boots size, but you won’t have any problems. Better to be a bit on the wide side than too narrow.

Also, just so you know, your size 10 boots could be in a large binding if you wanted. You’re borderline between medium and large.

You’re fine. Get on it and shred. shaka

Im 6’1 and pretty much all last season i rode a 147 nug, even more less (is that possible??) than recommended and I love it! Im all for short boarding!!

THUG NUG life!!

Hey Resident,
I’m actually thinking about buying a Nug 150 so maybe if you would feel better and we could come to a deal then I could buy yours and you could buy the one you really want? Just an idea if it suits.  shred