The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Official Chat Thread

BUMMER. Anything can happen in boardercross.  long face

^ A lil harsh, but it’s not completely unreasonable for the public to expect results from what their tax dollars have contributed towards. I thought Wells’ effort in the SS was poor form too. At least have a crack dude… not cool.  Although I must say, Kiwi athletes do receive much less funding than our Aussie winter athletes (and our winter athletes much less than other summer sports - don’t even get me started on the current swim team).

ozgirl - 19 February 2014 10:02 AM

Woah…

What the…???

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11204998

Seems harsh to me.  It’s reasonable to expect funded competitors to be a bit professional and put in their best, but unreasonable to expect Jossi to risk injury when he’d already made a score-destroying mistake early in his run.

I heard today that the AOC are going to cut the funding for the program that encourages summer athletes to compete in winter sports.

Maybe now they will put funding towards winter athletes to compete in winter sports.

Damn, men’s snowboard cross was really fun and exciting. I thought that Russian guy was gonna win, he was so fast in the 1/8th, quarter, and semi final, blowing by everyone.

anybody got a link to a replay of the mens boarderx finals? Missed it

I think I’ve sussed out how to win at BX; hit the gym until you have arms like McGilla Gorilla then you can launch out of the start gate and stay in front of all the carnage behind you.

It will be on tenplay

Above link should come with a parental advisory warning!

Anything Dylan posts should come with a parental advisory warning…

There is an ad for samsung that has been on TV here all during the olympics that stars Ståle Sandbech.
I noticed the other day that for a second in the ad, it shows him looking at Chumpy pullin’s website! I had been thinking it was a bit of a ‘what the?
Ståle just posted the full version of the ad on his fb page

can’t make the embed work but here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgUxHkDVPF0#aid=P8QmUSlokfA

cords - 23 February 2014 07:17 AM

There is an ad for samsung that has been on TV here all during the olympics that stars Ståle Sandbech.
I noticed the other day that for a second in the ad, it shows him looking at Chumpy pullin’s website! I had been thinking it was a bit of a ‘what the?

Yeah they play that ad here every 10 seconds on our olympic coverage.

It’s an international samsung ad but our Aussie version has a chumpy voiceover dubbed over the top. I’m wondering how many of the general public think chumpy is an urban jibber!

I’m just going to leave this here;