The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Who wants Shaun White to win halfpipe gold?

I appreciate ALL the opinions in this thread,  but let’s keep it nice,  Regardless of fame, popularity,  Nationality. . . Opinions are always welcome.

SnowDragon - 13 February 2014 09:36 PM

I appreciate ALL the opinions in this thread,  but let’s keep it nice,  Regardless of fame, popularity,  Nationality. . . Opinions are always welcome.

Agreed. Keep it on track, guys. If it starts going downhill, I’m going to close it.

chucky - 13 February 2014 08:22 PM
Mizu Kuma - 13 February 2014 09:22 AM

I’ve never liked Davis, he’s full of himself!!!!!

There’s a little Analog Edit from a few years ago of him where he goes to Japan, and in one scene he’s tryin to get a cheap laugh in front of a Japanese girl behind the counter in a shop by mocking her English pronunciations, right in front of her and in shot!!!!!

What kind of tool does something that?????

You mean, just like what Shaun White did in Turin?

Meh, that’s just a dumb thing uncultured travellers do. I’m not at all saying it’s justified - but I bet neither meant any offence by their stupid actions.

Maybe why Shaun is also a bit of a knob as well?????

I think it’s more of a personality trait than an uncultured mistake!!!!!

I wonder how many millions Target spends on advertising with The Washington Post?

I reckon about 10, but that’s an uneducated guess.

The majority of people who do dumb things while travelling do so through ignorance, not malice.

Maybe not takin ya shoes off, or taking photos when you’re not supposed to, but havin “fun” by ridiculing the way that a complete stranger speaks in front of them is rude and disrespectful no matter if you’re overseas or at home!!!!!

I’ll stand by my opinion that he’s a knob!!!!!

From what I’ve heard, although neither would have meant any offence by their inconsiderate actions at the time, if alerted to the personal distress they may have caused, Danny Davis would feel bad, whereas Shaun White probably would’t give a crap.

chucky - 14 February 2014 06:35 PM

whereas Shaun White probably would’t give a crap.

Probably, tells me that you are talking out of your ass (again)

If it wasn’t for the fact that both Shaun White and Danny Davis have lived much of their lives in the public eye for many years - and as such, there’s bucketloads of anecdotal evidence to support my theory, then perhaps I may have been “talking out of my ass”.

As it stands, if some people were even half as smart as they mistakenly think they are, they’d be aware that the use of the word “probably” in this context is entirely valid and appropriate - because in light of available evidence, the laws of probability indicate my theory is sound. As usual, the ignorant hypocrite accusing me of “talking out of my ass” needs to take a long hard look in the mirror. (again)

chucky - 14 February 2014 11:06 PM

If it wasn’t for the fact that both Shaun White and Danny Davis have lived much of their lives in the public eye for many years - and as such, there’s bucketloads of anecdotal evidence to support my theory, then perhaps I may have been “talking out of my ass”.

sure.

but here’s the thing chucky. anecdotal evidence suggests you’re a bit of a wanker hey. you come off as arrogant and condescending.  which is a bummer cause you also seem intelligent, witty and fairly knowledgeable about snowboarding. but by other accounts, away from the computer you’re a pretty cool guy.  so should I just believe the shit I see on social media or wait until I meet you to judge? you never truly know a person till you meet them.

in any case, I couldn’t give a fk about the Olympics. it’s bullshit and I’d rather just watch a snowboarding movie.  white may turn out to be a massive dick, but who cares? if a bunch of kids like his style and get into snowboarding because of him isn’t that enough?

snowboarding shouldn’t be this complicated

beachndogs - 15 February 2014 08:32 AM

in any case, I couldn’t give a fk about the Olympics. it’s bullshit and I’d rather just watch a snowboarding movie.  white may turn out to be a massive dick, but who cares? if a bunch of kids like his style and get into snowboarding because of him isn’t that enough?

Agree 100%!!!!!  thumbsup

Mizu Kuma - 15 February 2014 09:15 AM
beachndogs - 15 February 2014 08:32 AM

Agree 100%!!!!!  thumbsup

that might be a first for us miz wink

I am closing this thread.