The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Official Chat Thread

Omg.. All 3 Aussies wiped out on their 3rd runs.. WTH is this?  I’d seriously be complaining about the pipes condition.. Quite a few have stacked in the middle.. On the flat.. They are some of the best in the world… Throwing them selves meters into the air.. Yet stack on the flat, middle of the pipe??

DJS. - 12 February 2014 12:16 AM

. . . his air time is unbelievable, he’s like 2-3 times higher than anyone else.

Yeah, that method was bangin’ - but then, again, it wasn’t switch.  wink

h0z - 12 February 2014 12:11 AM

SW is a good rider.. Its his personality/attitude that lets him down.

It’s nice to see him at least trying this time around.

Special mention should probably go to Shi Wancheng from China.

Anyone who’s game enough to bust out a few choice tindy grabs in an Olympic qualifier gets a big thumbs up from me!

Jet-lagged from my Europe trip. Wide awake for the HP finals. Ain’t even mad smile

iPod got his playlist dialled just at the right time!

Devo for Danny.

Karma??  SW in 4th after his final run!!

iPod must be stoked!!

What was shaun claiming after his last run exactly?

I thought Ayumu probably deserved the win with I-pod in 2nd but oh wells.

Bummed danny couldn’t stick a run

Kent the aussie has a sick method, even if it isn’t switch!

h0z - 12 February 2014 05:30 AM

Karma??

Yup.

h0z - 12 February 2014 05:30 AM

iPod must be stoked!!

As far as other pro snowboarders go, The Squished Tomato only has one good friend who was willing to defend him to the press - and he just took the gold. Shakespeare couldn’t have written it better.

I think the result was quite good.
SW was expecting that win but couldnt pull it together.

So stoked with the results. I-Pod and the Japanese duo killed it.

I’m with cords, I have no idea what Shaun was claiming after his run. I knew straight away he didn’t deserve a medal. He hit the coping, butt checked, lost speed, and arms hit the deck twice!

Anyway, super stoked on this contest. Time for Shaun to move on and do something positive for snowboarding.

Yep!!

I have to say.. I’m now a bit of a fan of Ayumu!! The kids only 15 and KILLING it!!  Wait till the next olympics!! Because he will only get better!!

and not an overly bad result for the Aussies, 9,13 and 21..

especially when the pipe (even though it was better) still wasn’t the best it could be…

Considering it was the Olympic Games, that soft, slow, pitted pipe was total shite!

Perhaps if Shaun White had spoken out against the FIS/IOC when he had the chance, things may have been different and he’d be wearing gold right now? Some might say that’s karma.