The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Official Chat Thread

Done.

FFS, Mitch! You were doing so well with your abridged snowboarding history lesson, right until you MISPRONOUNCED TERJE’S NAME!!!

HOLY CRAP!!! How do they decide who competes in what heat? Roll a dice? Paper rock scissors?

Heat 2 is STACKED!! It’s a virtual who’s who of pipe greatness (Ayumu notwithstanding).

Yep.. We got the short end of it!! SW, Davis.. Against the Aussies!!

I think Scotty deserved at least 70 something for that!!

Right gotta go to bed!!

Do I set the alarm for 4.30am???

It looks like SW’s personal ‘brand coaching’ is paying off. He actually took his face mask off and smiled for the camera!

Go nate!! (his our local, went to high school with Mr.h0zs little bro!!)

Props to the Aussies - a seriously tough heat. Scotty’s run was a tad underwhelming, but the other two were solid.

But I REEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY want Danny to take this out!!!

Me too!! That was an awesome run from him!!! And loving that mctwist!! Yeww!! So stylish!! C’mon;! Better beat white!!

I just bought that mongrel offspring of mine a new board for Christmas - and it’s sweet as (perhaps the last YES Basic 155 available in the world with a sintered base!), but I’d love to get one of those Easy Livin’ boards Danny rides (he’s a guitarist) for him.

Poor Scotty!! Hopefully he can stay around 8th. And make the semis!

As much as I dislike Shaun, he’s just soooooo good…

Does anyone know what time the final is on in the morning?

4:30am..

and yep!! SW is a good rider.. Its his personality/attitude that lets him down..

damn his last 2 tricks, and the amount of air he gets are just.. Wow…  If only he wasn’t a douche!

Tambo - 11 February 2014 05:55 PM
Banger - 11 February 2014 05:30 PM

Watching ski slope…. Can I ask what natural and un-natural spin means? Is this a ‘cool’ way of saying left or right?

And a japan grab? Looks nothing like a japan grab….. A bit more creativity with your lame ski terms please!

natural, is your preferred way of spinning, and un-natural your non-preferred, Kind of like natural or goofy, in a way, because any skier can ride switch.Does that make any sense?

But it’s not like goofy or natural…. Its clockwise or anticlockwise or It’s left or right, unless your Derek Zoolander

Interesting to note that some of the women’s ski slopeSTYLE riders came from other winter Olympic sports before it was included. One was a figure skater and another a moguls skier.
I’ll give them this, it’s a pretty gutsy, the winner from Canada’s run was definitely deserving of the gold and Segal was a champ. Stuck her first and went for it on the second, but it just doesn’t look as good as boarding. The skis just allow to much room for error. You can almost not land a jump or spin and still manage to correct and ride away (I know a lot didn’t, I think the softening snow played a big part) but on a board that luxury is just not there. You either land it or you don’t.

h0z - 12 February 2014 12:11 AM

4:30am..

and yep!! SW is a good rider.. Its his personality/attitude that lets him down..

damn his last 2 tricks, and the amount of air he gets are just.. Wow…  If only he wasn’t a douche!

Thank you.

Yeah his air time is unbelievable, he’s like 2-3 times higher than anyone else.