The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Official Chat Thread

I don’t think it looks as exciting, but I admire their skill.

what time is the dual boarding slopestyle freestyle moguls on?

trentradpants - 11 February 2014 07:29 PM

what time is the dual boarding slopestyle freestyle moguls on?

All night, every night - in my wildest wet dreams.

Props to Luke Kneller - at least he knows the difference between a babushka and a matryoshka.

haha!

He didn’t at the beginning of the live cross!

He was corrected!

An inflatable stretcher??????

Even funnier that nesting dolls are originally Chinese!!!!!

4th place!!!

Yay Anna!

(best result by an aussie thus far?)

Yep!! Ch10 just acknowledged best result by an aussie so far!!!!!

I heard that someone’s been trying for years to educate Luke Kneller on the difference between “freestyle” and “freeride”? But maybe it’s just a rumour?

Just had an awesome convo with my Dad!

First one since the start of the games. (for those who do not know my dad has worked in television for over 40 years! and has seen many an olympics and worked in a senior International broadcast role in India at the commonwealth games - his swan song before officially retiring)

He hates 10’s coverage and was impressed with the hell I have been giving them (including calling their switchboard)

But you guys will be pleased to know he wasn’t interested in watching the slopestyle cause its too subjective for him.

“give me” and seriously these were his exact words “Boardercross or skiercross any day cause at least you know who the winner was”

I was seriously stunned that he actually named a snowboarding event!

You bloody boardworldians must be rubbing off on him!

I’m annoyed at the filming!! Zoom out a tad, and keep the border in the frame.. I get they move fast.. But this is an international event.. You have to expect better then that!! Its happened a few times now!!

If some surly old fat bastard walks up to ozdad at some stage and hands him a beer, he needn’t be surprised.

Well Chucky next time you are in thredbo - look out for an old fat dude wearing an akubra whilst driving a bus!

Oh and he also seemed to be on the side of boarders running their own sport too.

I was too shocked at the time to totally absorb what he said! But something along the lines of “doesn’t sound like that stupid an idea to me considering all the course dramas!”