The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Official Chat Thread

#goaustralia!

More people watched Torah and slopestyle than watched Schapelle telemovie (sadly I can’t proclaim to be one of them) in Sydney!

But would prefer to watch Inxs downloaded an uninterrupted at a later date!

Overall the Olympics didn’t beat it but that would be due to timings

re: helmets, I read somewhere you should have the chin strap done up tight enough that you can chew food comfortably but no looser than that.  That’s the method I apply with my bike helmet.

You should also have about two finger widths of space between your eyebrows and the brim of the helmet, no more.  Again this is a bike helmet rule but I reckon it would also apply to other helmets.

Does anyone know if there’s truth to the rumour that Red Bull have recalled all stock of their special edition ‘Shaun White Olympic Slopestyle’ drink? Apparently people drinking it have experienced side effects - it makes you piss yourself and run away.

Red Bull usually makes me piss a lot. But maybe that’s because I drink it with Jägermeister?

It’s meant to give you wings, not balls.

Hahaha

Wealthiest athletes at Sochi.

Straight back to talking SW, his estimated worth is $20-$40mil but it doesn’t compare to Begg-Smith. His worth starts where Shaun White’s finishes, owning several software co’s and a malware co. Dale has an unknown worth but it is well north of $40mil.
(he moved to Australia at age 16 to train because he was spending too much time on his business interests and the Canadian ski program didn’t like it). At 16 he was a self made millionaire.

Incentives to win gold.
Singapore athletes are offered $800,000 if they win gold.
Russians get $122,000
Australia $20,000
USA $25,000

Really stoked for Mark!

He may have ‘only’ got the Bronze in slope, but he apparently won GOLD in hockey!

ozgirl - 10 February 2014 12:59 PM

#goaustralia!

More people watched Torah and slopestyle than watched Schapelle telemovie (sadly I can’t proclaim to be one of them) in Sydney!

But would prefer to watch Inxs downloaded an uninterrupted at a later date!

Overall the Olympics didn’t beat it but that would be due to timings

Watched all 3. Don’t know what time I went to sleep but I stayed asleep until 2hrs ago (3pm).

I didn’t realise INXS was in 2 parts!

Haha I bet mark is stoked on his gold.. Easiest medal ever? (since he did nothing to win it..) LOL

THE BIG QUESTION;
Will rider watch figure skating, or more so, comment about his love the event on BW?

ozgirl - 10 February 2014 07:55 AM

Loved the hug between Jamie and Torah before the second run.

I know it’s been said, but this. What great role models those women are. Woo!

chucky - 10 February 2014 04:45 PM

Really stoked for Mark!

He may have ‘only’ got the Bronze in slope, but he apparently won GOLD in hockey!

That’s hilarious. LOL

spaz - 10 February 2014 08:10 PM

THE BIG QUESTION;
Will rider watch figure skating, or more so, comment about his love the event on BW?

Yes he will. Isn’t Yevgeny just transcendent on ice?

Check out Sarka’s helmet after her crash in slopestyle.  big surprise