The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Official Chat Thread

chucky - 09 February 2014 09:19 PM

YEAH JAMIE!!!!!

I forgot how hot she was

How good was Jamie’s run!!  soooo much steeze!!

Hahaha I think I just saw mizu.. walking gasser over, as the medallists were getting together!! Hahaha I dint know Mizu was a Sochi official!!

Argh! live feed just died, I’m going to watch Shappell.

Nice one Jamie!

Shame Anna missed the last jump, was keen to see what she was going to throw down for a medal

h0z - 09 February 2014 09:26 PM

Hahaha I think I just saw mizu.. walking gasser over, as the medallists were getting together!! Hahaha I dint know Mizu was a Sochi official!!

hmmm

h0z - 09 February 2014 09:22 PM

How good was Jamie’s run!!  soooo much steeze!!

LOVED it! A well deserved win!

(I’m glad she won - because I congratulated her on her gold on Facebook before she’d actually won it, so that woulda kinda been embarrassing)

Haha Yeh!! (but at least you could have deleted it if needed!) but she deserved it!!

What about the 1080 Sina threw down! That was so worht the mention that it hasnt been getting!
Was the first thing Jamie said when she got to the girls at the bottom of her run!

Enjoyed this more than the men’s, and that’s not just because of silje and jamie

cool smirk

I’ve got a stupid conspiracy theory.  Some of the competitors ride with their iPhone headphones in.  What’s to stop them getting coaching via phone on the way down?  thinking

Also, bad luck, Torah.

That did pop into my mind. As some of the competitions we enter our students into earphones are banned for that reason.

I doubt it thought. think about it. These athletes would ride with music almost every day of their riding career. It would be abnormal for them to ride with out it.

I think it would be more distracting too hearing a voice in my ears between jumps

But what if it were a smooth silky voice like Mizu’s??

Mudhoney - 09 February 2014 10:18 PM

But what if it were a smooth silky voice like Mizu’s??

I think I would deliberately knock myself out on a jump if he came on through my headphones LOL