The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 - Snowboarding Results Thread

WOMEN’S SLOPESTYLE SEMI FINAL - RESULTS AFTER RUN 1

Run 1 of the women’s slopestyle semi final has wrapped up, with the standings currently reading as follows:

WOMEN’S SLOPESTYLE SEMI FINAL - RESULTS

The top four have advanced to the final to be held in a couple of hours time.

WOMEN’S SLOPESTYLE FINAL - LINEUP

The women’s slopestyle final begins in roughly 30 minutes.

C’mon Torah!!!

WOMEN’S SLOPESTYLE FINAL - RESULTS AFTER RUN 1

Torah Bright currently sitting in sixth place.

WOMEN’S SLOPESTYLE FINAL - RESULTS

Gold: Jamie Anderson
Silver: Enni Rukajärvi
Bronze: Jenny Jones

Did anyone think that the second runs were scored higher?????

Sarka’s first run shoulda got a spot on the podium!!!!!

I also thought Sarka deserved a spot on the podium, if not at least fourth. Jamie definitely deserved gold after that second run but I could hardly split the next four. Shame Torah couldn’t come away with a cleaner landing on her second run, she could have at least been pushing top 5.

I thought the judging until Jamie Anderson’s second run was questionable to say the least. There was only one riders who deserved gold, and I’m stoked she got it.

Torah definitely has the skills to be competing for a podium spot. It’s a shame she touched down on the 900, because she’s riding more technical that most of the riders in the field. She is smooth and solid on the rails and her 360s were so stylish. Anyway, it’s so great to see her having so much fun while competing. She represents snowboarding in the best possible way.

While Torah did have the tech side down, I think she lacks the style component?????

I just hope that it doesn’t go against her in the pipe now?????

That 3 she did on the last jump had a shit tonne of style!

I admit that did, but you reckon the rest did?????

Compared to some of the other girls!!!!!

I also think torahs rail section didnt help her result, compared to the other girls, it was a bit meh.
(that being said it was still far far FAR ahead of my capabilities, so in the trent vs torah slopestyle battle, she wins hands down)

K2_TeacherBoy - 10 February 2014 12:27 PM

Agreed. So much style.

K2_TeacherBoy - 10 February 2014 12:27 PM

Agreed! Maybe she didn’t get on the podium but she redeemed herself like a BOSS with that one!