The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Official Chat Thread

red1676 - 09 February 2014 08:26 AM

the judges were drunk. sage had good run but not gold medal run. he didnt land his second jump clean and to land clean defines style. the best stylish rail run was seb toots as it was so perfect. only way you can agree with judges are if you dont snowboard and american. you people are stupid to disagree

Good to see race being a part of the Olympic games. His run was great and was very creative. Seb’s run was dope also but the judges have spoken and he didn’t win the gold. Get the fuck over it.

Welcome to Boardworld, red1676.

I agree Seb’s rail section was one of, if not the best. So smooth, so much control, arms down low super solid, perfectly controlled and landed. It was a serious shame he couldn’t stomp his last jump. I was definitely rooting for him.

Sage’s run was pretty sick. I’m not saying he necessarily should have won, but it was good to see someone go out there with their own style and not give a shit about the judges. I thought Mark McMorris deserved a better score. There’s no way that was 5 points less than Sage’s run. I guess it’s all history now. Hopefully we can get the FIS out of our sport and we won’t have to debate this sort of stuff in the future.

Anyway, welcome to the site. Hope to see more of you on the forums.

rider26 - 09 February 2014 04:37 AM
chucky - 08 February 2014 10:35 PM

Just curious, has anyone ever seen an elite men’s slope contest with sooooooooooo many sketchy landings?

What did you think of the course?

I thought it was the wrong choice of course to introduce and showcase slopestyle to the mainstream.

Sure, it needed to be challenging - but ‘armchair quarterback’ Olympic audiences are used to stuff like figure skating, where falls and imperfection are a rarity, not the norm.

How can we rag on The Flying Tampon for scoring the first ‘perfect’ 100 with a boot grab, when Sage wins gold with a hand drag*? A cleaner course may have prevented this scenario.

(*that being said, I’m STOKED that ‘style’ won out over ‘spin’)

red1676 - 09 February 2014 08:26 AM

the judges were drunk. sage had good run but not gold medal run. he didnt land his second jump clean and to land clean defines style. the best stylish rail run was seb toots as it was so perfect. only way you can agree with judges are if you dont snowboard and american. you people are stupid to disagree

Not sure it was only the judges?????

And a big ol howdy there partner!!!!!

YEAH Šárka! Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezy!

I wonder what all of us are doing right now…. wink
Go Torah!

Ewwwwwwwwww! ollie

She needs a good second run!

Jaime Anderson definitely has style

Billy - 09 February 2014 08:30 PM

I wonder what all of us are doing right now…. wink
Go Torah!

Are you watching with your mum?

I’m just jealous of them all….

WHAT the hell is that girl doing? Anna

LOL

Didn’t like that start

Did she slide off the top? How embarrassment! raspberry

I’m at home Oz smile Mum seems a bit better today, after today’s fire shenanigans. :p

Haha I’m out to dinner.. With my tablet, and have everyone (8 others in my family) watching along with me while we are waiting for dessert.  Lol!!

Sarka killed that! WAY more solid than anyone else.

BTW, it’s pronounced SHARK-a PAN-co-CHO-va.

It really annoys me that these idiot commentators just don’t seem to give a crap about learning to pronounce competitors’ names correctly!!!