The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Am I turning into a grumpy old man?

Poll: Was this kid/s out of line?
Total Votes: 13
Yes
No
Maybe, I’ll explain
Don’t matter, Azz is a grumpy old bastard!!!!

Or grumpier smile

So, a friend of one of the kids comes around today for a visit, this friend also brings another friend with them.

The friend has spent a lot of time her, slept over on numerous occasions and been away on holidays with us a few times too.

So we are sitting in the lounge, watching a movie and they come inside and sit around the kitchen bench, not quite in the same room, but its open plan living, so they are close enough that we can hear them chatting away. (those that have been here will know how close that is)
They didn’t even bother to come and say Hi, how you going, even though I heard one of ask if we were watching The Anchor man.

I think this is rude as all hell, just quietly.

So whats your take? Am I just being grumpy?

How would you feel about someone in your home not bothering to acknowledge you?

I’d get up and walk into the kitchen, grab a drink, then go and sit back down!!!!!

Without sayin a single word!!!!!

Or just walk in, and with a really serious head on, tell them to get out of the house because they are supposed to acknowledge the owners of the land in a ceremony that is at least on par with the ad for dancing with the stars!!!!!

Make sure ya rub a little chilli into ya eyes, so ya look like a mad man with rabies!!!!!

That’ll have’m that stunned, that next time they won’t even enter the front door without wettin their pants!!!!! LOL

Ohhh, and you’re a grumpy old bastard!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 08 February 2014 04:54 PM

I’d get up and walk into the kitchen, grab a drink, then go and sit back down!!!!!

Naked would make that better LOL

Azz - 08 February 2014 04:56 PM
Mizu Kuma - 08 February 2014 04:54 PM

Naked would make that better LOL

Or wearin nothin but one of Tambo’s bras!!!!!

And skip!!!!!

I dont know about being a grumpy old man.. But it is a bit rude not to say hi at least..

I live at Mr.h0zs and even after 10 years of being with him, still say hi.. Because I still dont see it as ‘my house’ I still even ask is I can eat certain things in the cupboard and fridge..

How old are these kids? Maybe they didn’t know you were there?

Feeling left out?

You’re not too grumpy. that was definitely rude!

bkrtron - 08 February 2014 06:17 PM

How old are these kids? Maybe they didn’t know you were there?

Feeling left out?

19 year olds, they knew we were there.

Thanks guys, I feel a little less grumpy now smile

Only cause you’ve had a few glasses of grape juice!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 08 February 2014 08:49 PM

Only cause you’ve had a few glasses of grape juice!!!!!

haha I wish, we went to a friends place for dinner, except, they had not got home from bing out in the boat all day…... so missed the end of the semi’s in the slope, but re deemed by taking over their TV for the final smile their skiers :(

I was the DD sitting beside Wildman cracking out a few more hours on his L’s

kiss at least it was Moet

LOL

I had my vote cast before I even opened the thread. OK, time to read the thread now. LOL

Azz - 08 February 2014 04:45 PM

Or grumpier smile

So, a friend of one of the kids comes around today for a visit, this friend also brings another friend with them.

The friend has spent a lot of time her, slept over on numerous occasions and been away on holidays with us a few times too.

So we are sitting in the lounge, watching a movie and they come inside and sit around the kitchen bench, not quite in the same room, but its open plan living, so they are close enough that we can hear them chatting away. (those that have been here will know how close that is)
They didn’t even bother to come and say Hi, how you going, even though I heard one of ask if we were watching The Anchor man.

I think this is rude as all hell, just quietly.

So whats your take? Am I just being grumpy?

How would you feel about someone in your home not bothering to acknowledge you?

I think you may be looking into it a bit too much. It doesn’t sound like they were intentionally being rude. Maybe they didn’t want to disturb you because you were watching a movie? Did you tell them off? If you were a bit annoyed, you have a right to be, but if you didn’t tell them off, I don’t think you’re grumpy (in this situation haha). It’s hard to gauge their intention though, it’s possible they just didn’t want to disturb you in your own house. I dunno…

Well if ya “dunno”, then why did you respond?????

And you wonder why us mature folk get a little agitated by the silly, thoughtless, bad mannered things you pre pubescent creatures do!!!!!