The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Official Chat Thread

Check out the results thread: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/15404/

Try to add some results-related discussion in there as we will be pushing that thread on social media (as well as this thread for chat). wink

Yeh I’m happy mcmorris got it!!

and good on Scotty.. Shame about his second run.. (although loved the last backflip!, at least the kid has a sense of humor!!)

hopefully he rips it in the pipe!!

Scotty just needs to step up his rail game. Pretty standard front boards and 5050 180 outs.

Hopefully he does better in the half pipe. I do doubt he’ll get a medal though.

And YES! That laid out backflip he did off the final hit was awesome.

Is it just me or does that second rail look pretty awkward for most the riders? Nothing stylish about it. They just use it to get back into their preferred stance for the next feature. It needs to be more spread out and bigger/faster. Just my 2 cents haha.

Let’s go Sven Thorgren in the final!

Gonna be good!

Go sage!! 93.50!! Awesome first run!!

and argh!! The commentators!!  On toutants run, on the last jump when he landed sketchy and did a tailpress to try to stabilize..  And they called it the wheelie of snowboarding?? Really?? Grr!!

also cords sven just had a really really good run!!

I also wish that one commentator would stop saying babushka

Sven goes so big. He was a bit underscored on that first run. Was out riding first lifts with the bit of pow that came last night so missed Sage’s run.

Lets hope Sven smashes it this time!

McMorris just KILLED it!  rocker

Only got a 87. What’s wrong with the judges

I’m not at all surprised that Channel Ten have hired crappy commentators. FFS, they’ve got Luke Kneller calling the skiing!!! I wonder if he’s figured out the difference between “freestyle” and “freeride” yet?

Daaamn, Seb Toots touched down on the final jump. No medal but man does this kid have style. So smooth on the rails, arms down by the side. He’ll be back.

Hahahaha! NICE! Roope Tonteri may not have medalled, but I hope he gets a bonus from Burton for the sneaky little Anon M2 Compass Magna Tech goggle ad! The IOC will NOT be happy! Anyone else see it?

The old Lens Off, Lens On!!!!!

chucky - 08 February 2014 08:48 PM

Hahahaha! NICE! Roope Tonteri may not have medalled, but I hope he gets a bonus from Burton for the sneaky little Anon M2 Compass Magna Tech goggle ad! The IOC will NOT be happy! Anyone else see it?

He did it a couple of times. Sneaky sneaky

He wasn’t the only one to do it, either.

Props to Ståle, his run was sick!