The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 - Snowboarding Results Thread

GAME ON

MEN’S SLOPESTYLE

After some questionable judging in the men’s slopestyle qualification round, which saw 8 riders go straight through to the final, we have the top 12 riders ready to battle it out in the final. Billy Morgan, Sage Kotsenburg, Mark McMorris and Yuki Kadono all had to do it the hard way, qualifying through the semifinal. Scotty James put down a solid first run but it wasn’t enough to see him through. The full rider list for the final is below.

The women’s slopestyle semifinal and final is on tomorrow.

Stoked to see Mark McMorris come through with the goods on his final run. Talk about pressure. Sage Kotsenburg was all style - so good to see him get the scores he deserved!

My money is on one of the Canadians to take it from here. It wouldn’t surprise me if we see two or even three on the podium at the end of the day.

Will be a good final, with stale, mark, and sage!

shame about Scotty, but at least he can put all his time into pipe now!  Go Scotty!

and keen to see the womens final too!!  I really hope Torah gets it (not just because she us Aussie, but because she has taken on so much and worked her butt off for it!!)

I would love to see Torah get on the podium in slopestyle. Let her show Shaun how it’s done!

MEN’S SLOPESTYLE FINAL - RESULTS AFTER RUN 1

And I can officially predict the future!!

haha

sage, staale, and mark!! Yewww!!!

MEN’S SLOPESTYLE FINAL

Gold: Sage Kotsenburg
Silver: Ståle Sandbech
Bronze: Mark McMorris

Well get prepare for the twitter blow up about parrot!!
I think it was a medal worthy run, def not 5th!!

I reckon Sven got a bit jipped as well. All the top 5 were runs worthy of the 90 point range for sure.

Definitely!!  I was waiting for him to knock mark off (at least)

Glad Sage won, he looks like a good bloke.  Bad luck for Stale, his second run was awesome.

Are there videos of these events floating around anywhere yet? I missed them mad

I’ve watched the finals twice now. To be honest, I think McMorris was a bit robbed with that score as well. I’m not saying he should have won necessarily, but he deserved more than an 88. His rails were solid enough and his jump line was pretty flawless, with a huge triple cork. Did he deserve to be a full 5 points behind Sage? I don’t think so.

Chas Guldemond has hit out at the judges: http://olympics.cbc.ca/news/article/judges-need-judging.html

“They’re all over the place, so it’s kind of hard to track them down. I think we need to educate. In any business industry you need to educate and keep people on the cutting edge of snowboarding and that’s what needs to continue to happen. And yeah, we’re working on it.” - Chas Guldemond

Koper - 08 February 2014 10:38 PM

Are there videos of these events floating around anywhere yet? I missed them mad

Not sure if this will work in Australia, but worth a shot.

http://olympics.cbc.ca/online-listing/index.html

You can’t really rip the judges when you know full well you’re competing with FIS judges and on that platform.

So great Stale threw down the Heikki Sorsa mohawk.

Sage’s run was so creative and least he didn’t just stick to the same ole bullshit you see in any tour. Triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork, triple cork.

WOMEN’S SLOPESTYLE

Womens’s slopestyle is the next snowboarding event on the calendar. Eight riders, including Torah Bright, have gone straight through to the final through the qualification heats. Those riders are below.

The semi final offers another four spots to the remaining riders. The start list for the semi final is below.