The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The RadiTool

Ahoy peeps
Those at last years shred may remember the little shoelace tool that I gave out to a few lucky peeps, well that was the beginning of an idea that Ive had rumbling around in the back of the old noggin for a while.
Anyhow this morning my instagram friends would have seen ths pic I posted of the rough prototypes of the next generation of that little shoelace belt tool idea

Well Ive just finished a little bit of finishing on those rough proto’s and they are now at this point

What you see before you is a 80% complete RadiTool!!
Its basically a little pocket tool with a bottle opener, Flat Head screw driver, Phillips Head screw driver, File, Scraper 1/4 inch tool driver and small bit that can be sharpened to a ‘blade’ type thing, all with the conveince of it being attached to a shoelace belt with a swiveling bolt.

With the 1/4 inch bit installed

But if you dont like the shoelace belt part, it can be removed and a regular key ring bit installed.
The only part left to machine is the phillips head and levering/prying edge and when finished it should look like this

So there you have it, the RadiTool, The final product, which i intend to fund the creation of with a kickstarter crowd funding campaign, will be made of TITANIUM for strength and weight saving. These protos are aluminium and dont weigh a lot but any weight saving i can get will be welcome, plus titanium is BAD ASS!! I heard a scientist say that when Chuck Norris punched a panda right through the center of the earth, titanium is what flew out the other side!

So ive got about 5 samples left that once they’ve had the phillips head part machined, I’m willing to give out to lucky Boardworld peeps to test out and let me know how the shapes perform before i head into the mass production.
Looking at these I’ve already decided the mounting point for the shoe lace needs to be moved towards the middle more.

Want one to test, hit me up….............now
stay rad
trent

Ahhh now I see it!

Was wondering how the instgram pic was going to be a screwdriver!

Pick me! Pick me!

Is the phillips head going to stay on the tool?
I was thinking if if the base of the 1/4 insert was extended, it could be attached to the other end of the shoe lace and be inserted as needed

Looking good mate!

I’d be happy to test one and add a little bit of radness into my life!

*don’t have a skateboard to test that function out though.

K2_TeacherBoy - 07 February 2014 12:21 PM

Pick me! Pick me!

Is the phillips head going to stay on the tool?
I was thinking if if the base of the 1/4 insert was extended, it could be attached to the other end of the shoe lace and be inserted as needed

I hear what your saying, and it could work. For now im going to leave the actual design shape as it is I think, but will def put that into the ideas bank for maybe the Mark II smile

is 1/4 the same size as skate deck bolts?

Im Testy Mctesttest and I’m here to f**k shit up, I mean test stuff shaka

But seriously ill test one, I’ll even give it a run on the job site to test it’s durability

K2_TeacherBoy - 07 February 2014 01:05 PM

is 1/4 the same size as skate deck bolts?

nah, One of my original concepts had they size but it was getting to big to be on the shoelace.
BUT you can get a bit that will fit in the 1/4 size that is the right size for the deck bolts

Yeh i love being a guinea pig! Hook a cripple up.

I can test daily while working on various vessels smile

Please let me test shaka

Ah!!!
Like oz; now I see the concept.

Extract my ig comment, the 1/4” bit can accommodate an allen key!

PLEASE send me a tester.

And when the recycled Panda Bear punched by Chuck Norris material comes to fruition I’ll buy one. (love titanium).
I will prob even donate to the startup - but I’m not rich.

Will look great with a solid polish.

Looks awesome, Rad Pants. Where does the philips head part store when not in use?

rider26 - 07 February 2014 08:55 PM

Looks awesome, Rad Pants. Where does the philips head part store when not in use?

I could be wrong but I think thats just there as an example (standard size drive hole), there is a permanant Philips on the end

rider26 - 07 February 2014 08:55 PM

Suppository   hmmm

Literally Screwed!!!!!