The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Nuts or no nuts?

Check out the ASCIA site (Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy)

Source - Australian coroner’s reports of deaths attributed to anaphylaxis
- Australia/NZ has the highest increase of Anaphylaxis in the world.

- Anaphylactic deaths from insect stings is 3 times greater than from food.
Azz your right; but not just bees. Wasps, mosquitoes, caterpillars, march flies, and ants should all be banned if nuts are X3 (although it’s easier to manage nuts than insects).

-People older than 35 and younger than 8 rarely have Anaphylaxis.

-50% of people who have an anaphylactic incidents don’t go to hospital.

OF MOST IMPORTANCE;
- Young adults and teenagers are most at risk - not primary school children.
- All child workers in Australia are shown how to use an EpiPen (adrenaline shot).

And many people grow out of allergies.

PP’s primary school has a no-nut policy, it’s stupid.
They don’t want us to ban nut products at home incase some of it gets dusted on lunch boxes.
She can’t even take biscuits to school let alone a nutella sandwich - incase she shares her lunch or touches someone.
There is one child in her school with Anaphylaxis.

Hypocrites! They have an award winning eco garden throughout the school (insects much?)
They ask parents not to walk to school with their dogs because some children are scared of dogs.
Ok - I’ll stop now before I really rant on. wall

dont bring your facts and figures that I cant be bothered reading in here!!

My wife thought she was allergic to bees, for no reason other than she has never been stung by one…....women logic i know!
Anyhow 2 weeks ago a little bee stuck his ass sword in her leg….....no allergy!!

Womens logic LOL

Just for you trent I’ll put in 2 words.
IT’S STUPID

NOTE: I’m not talking about woman’s logic - Nuts

Oh great! look at the hole I just dug myself in…

Not allowed to walk their dogs to the school because SOME of the kids are scared?????

The world has gone mad!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 07 February 2014 08:48 AM

Not allowed to walk their dogs to the school because SOME of the kids are scared?????

The world has gone mad!!!!!

TOO F**KEN RIGHT IT HAS!!!!

If kids are scared of dogs, throw them in a room full of puppies for f**k sake!!! Don’t make it a life long issue!! And as the saying goes “if you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem!”

the school I used to teach at had about 12 kids our of 1100ish with anaphylaxsis of varying kinds, but no nut-free policy.

One of the kids was taken and tested by a doctor to see if his allergy was getting better or worse.
For a reason I do not know, the doctor did the test by very lightly touching a peanut on the back of his neck…the kid was in intensive care for 3 weeks!

very close friend at Mt Tamborine, home of the giant paralysis tick, had a son Wildman’s age who had severe anaphylaxis episode when a tick even looked at him. many times to hospital, many epi-pens. But that family still live there, let the kid go to school where ticks drop on you like raindrops in a tropical downpour, and the kid, now 16 is much better. The mum was a walking stress attack for his whole primary schooling, but they loved with it.

You have NEVER seen ticks like those suckers up there. A game of cricket, a strong wind and you could have literally hundreds on you. They hurt like crazy, get into all sorts of BAD places, make women who get them you know where grow a ....., They are one critter I would be TOTALLY happy to see or feel never again in my entire life. (and my pets likewise)

We’ve got ticks, funnelling webs, red backs, brown and black snakes, wasps, hornets, etc etc, all around our place!!!!!

We have never fumigated, we never kill any spiders (white tails inside are an exception), and if there’s a snake in the yard, we don’t try to kill it, just stare it down, throw a few small rocks toward it, and they turn around and head back into the bush!!!!!

Our kids grew up here without a problem!!!!!

People can literally worry themselves to death, from the stress that they bring about through fear of dying!!!!!

The school only asked us not to bring dogs but certainly not into the school itself.
On any afternoon there are many dogs tied to the front gate, I often bring mine and the biggest trouble I have is kids petting her. The kids know all the dogs by name and affectionately - it can be difficult to get out the front gate because of the kids petting the mutts.

500m from the school is a dog friendly, off leash beach - I know one of the kids that is scared of dogs but he doesn’t have a problem, he just doesn’t like them but still goes to that beach.

My sister just told me “it’s the way the world is now”. I have to go over to her place and undo one tap on her washing machine so removalists can take it - OH&S won’t allow them to disconnect it, my sister is 9mths pregnant and can’t reach one of the taps.  wall  wall  wall

THE WORLD HAS GONE NUTS (and to the dogs) it’s tapping me out!

spaz - 07 February 2014 09:38 AM

wall  wall  wall

THE WORLD HAS GONE NUTS (and to the dogs) it’s tapping me out!

thumbsup

To top off this thread (and some input from another);

I’m off to work tonight to babysit adults who like to get drunk and be disrespectful.

Put some peanuts on the bar!!!!!

LOL
thinking  thinking  thinking

We often put jelly beans on the bar in shot glasses - I believe it subdues the incidence of bad behaviour.
Peanuts might definitely change the mood in the place. (Statistically; at least one person a night would have anaphylaxis).
Of course if something happened you can imagine how the media would react - probably blame drugs.

Note: Most of the media outcry to drug deaths in young people were caused by a anaphylactic reaction.
eg: Anna Wood on ecstasy.

I remember they had the massive barrel of nuts at the old…what was the restaurant attached to North Gong Pub called again?

Lone Star!!!!!

They used to chuck them all over the floor!!!!!

Anaphylactic Minefield!!!!!