The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Official Chat Thread

Cheers. I’ll have to record it cos its unlikely I’ll be home

K2_TeacherBoy - 06 February 2014 09:55 PM

As well as being good riders, all the girls are hot haha.

Yes, yes they are drool

Dunno if its live or from earlier today, but just saw on tv that Chumpy is flag bearer! thumbsup

ozgirl - 06 February 2014 10:19 PM

Okay so Semis for Scotty are on Saturday 4.30pm with the Finals that night at 7.45pm.

Sunday for Torah - Finals sometime around 8pm (there is confusion on the link i previously shared)

I’ll be on a plane.

Boo!

Alisa Camplin’s face doesn’t move much…. Hello botox!!!!

And why is ten not showing the 2nd women’s qualifying????

Its only happening live now i think

as in on this site the live results are updating at the moment http://www.sochi2014.com/en/snowboard-ladies-sbs-qualification

Just saw chumpy got flag bearer! Congrats!!  Bet his stoked!! smile

K2_TeacherBoy - 06 February 2014 11:22 PM

as in on this site the live results are updating at the moment http://www.sochi2014.com/en/snowboard-ladies-sbs-qualification

Yeah I had that open on my laptop but Ten was playing a replay of the men’s instead of this live….

Stupid move IMO.

coverage here has been pretty good so far! They have a channel showing it all the time and the commentators are good. One guy does all the snowboard comps on tv and the other guy is an instructor at the Swedish snowboard high school.

Sven Thorgren is getting some hype over here as a medal hope and he did pretty well today. Sweden doesn’t have any women competing so usual practice is to then adopt a norwegian to support instead.

Scotty J’s run was super, super conservative, not sure what was going on there! The 2nd men’s heat was much higher quality than his, as well.

How do you say Sandbech??? I thought it would have been like SandBECK but the commentators are saying it like sandBEACH.
Either way, Im already enjoying these Olympics!!

Im pretty sure it’s sandBECK Trent, I did here one of the commentators refer to torstein as Torstein hogMORE LOL

Thought you’d be more interested in how to say his first name!

...but yeah, Aussie-fied its pronounced sand-beck.

cords - 07 February 2014 08:53 AM

Thought you’d be more interested in how to say his first name!

...but yeah, Aussie-fied its pronounced sand-beck.

So aussie fied its sand-beck?? how would he say it then? Like sand-BESCH like bechamel sauce?
Maybe ill try and find a vid of him saying it somewhere

EDIT, found a vid of him introducing himself, It is sandBECK. I can sleep the good sleep now thats outta my head