The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Official Chat Thread

Haha!

A guy once told me that if he doesn’t see a full length pic online he ask for a facebook add or wont meet them!

Not sure how you get round the old photo issue though in that circumstance (without facebook add)

I should have put an ‘and’ in front - figured it wasn’t the same story!

Hahahaaa!!!!! LOL

You cruel bastard!!!!!

LOL

ozgirl - 06 February 2014 02:13 PM

Haha!

Not sure how you get round the old photo issue though in that circumstance (without facebook add)

You ask them to send a photo of themselves holding 3 fingers up. Because everyone has ones of shaka, peace and middle finger. But never 3 fingers

BREAKING NEWS!!!

It turns out that Shaun White actually pulled out of slopestyle because he didn’t like the way his cameltoe looked in his girly tight pants.

LOL bahahahaha

K2_TeacherBoy - 06 February 2014 02:57 PM
ozgirl - 06 February 2014 02:13 PM

Haha!

You ask them to send a photo of themselves holding 3 fingers up. Because everyone has ones of shaka, peace and middle finger. But never 3 fingers

Good one!!!

walker - 06 February 2014 11:42 AM

Some big news from today is that Shaun White has dropped out of the slopestyle event in order to focus solely on winning his third straight halfpipe gold. Dropping out a couple of days before the event starts means that there’s no time to bring in a replacement, effectively costing someone their spot on the Olympic team.

There’s certainly some controversy surrounding this, with Shaun obviously not a favourite to place in slopestyle, which many believe is his reason for dropping out. Personally I think costing someone their chance at an Olympic dream by dropping out so late is pathetic, but if anyone was going to be selfish about things it’s this guy.

What do you guys think?

chucky - 06 February 2014 02:16 PM

Bahahahaa!!!!! LOL

So serious question..

What’s the rule on spoilers in this thread?

For example - Ch 10 are promoting Scott James and the mens slopestyle being on tonight from 8.30pm on “sochi big bash”

BUT you can watch it LIVE on their app and tenplay.com.au as it truly starts in sochi at 5pm AEDT.

So it will be on an Aussie website live (so no illegal loopholes to watch it) but its not on TV proper till after 8.30pm?

It will be interesting though as Men’s qualifying goes until 7.30pm so The Project might cross live to Scotty’s run if it is during their show (or even 10 news!)

DylanV - 06 February 2014 01:59 PM

not what you’re thinking of oz, im pretty sure some of you have already heard this.
As you all know i dont mind dabbling around with tinder from time to time, this time in particular was in mackay before xmas.
I was chatting to this 24yo chick on tinder for a few days, she was nothing you’d write home about, but didnt look too bad. Turned out she worked just around the corner from my apartment and she finished work at 2am one morning, her work wasnt busy at all so we were chatting most of the night, convinced her to come round after she finished for some late night scrabble. Anyway she knocked on the door, i opened, viewed, said “nup, no way” & closed the door. Her pictures mustve been 4-5 years old, she’d gained 30-40kg & had a face like a dropped pie.
That’s night I found ‘The Line’

Hahaha one thing i learnt very early on. No one is as hot as their photos in real life, so you only hit up the stupidly hot girls on there. Have had a few tinder hook ups and whilst they have been hot. They weren’t as sexy as their “recent” photos.

Shit i wish i could have seen her face after it!

ozgirl - 06 February 2014 03:54 PM

So serious question..

What’s the rule on spoilers in this thread?

For example - Ch 10 are promoting Scott James and the mens slopestyle being on tonight from 8.30pm on “sochi big bash”

BUT you can watch it LIVE on their app and tenplay.com.au as it truly starts in sochi at 5pm AEDT.

So it will be on an Aussie website live (so no illegal loopholes to watch it) but its not on TV proper till after 8.30pm?

It will be interesting though as Men’s qualifying goes until 7.30pm so The Project might cross live to Scotty’s run if it is during their show (or even 10 news!)

Their APP crashes, and tenplay hasn’t got any sound, and doesn’t look like its live?????

The App says live action from the 7th!!!!!

I called them they are having “technical difficulties”

teacherboy

You would think they would have grabbed and tested the live feed prior to 5pm!