The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Official Chat Thread

Shaun pulled out of slope

Looks like Torstein throws himself wrong into the rotation.. Poor guy!! Saw the pic on his instagram.. That’s gotta suck!! (also had a giggle at Mizu’s comment on there!!)

red face

skip11 - 06 February 2014 03:00 AM

Shaun pulled out of slope

If the FIS had actually hired the best course builders, there wouldn’t have been any problems. The press conference was the perfect opportunity for Shaun White to criticise FIS involvement in snowboarding, but STILL he remained silent on the issue!

I didn’t see a single sign of remorse or apology from Shaun White for selfishly denying someone the opportunity to represent their country in Olympic slopestyle!

This is the Winter Olympics - an event in which all competitors do the absolute best they can for the countries they represent. Well, except for Shaun White - he only does what’s best for himself and his ‘brand’.

I genuinely hope karma catches up with him, and that self-absorbed piece of crap stuffs up in every single run, and doesn’t even make the finals - with Danny Davis, a REAL snowboarder, winning gold.

chucky - 06 February 2014 10:21 AM

If the FIS had actually hired the best course builders, there wouldn’t have been any problems.

from everything I have read it is not the FIS or the IOC who have hired the course shappers but the local Olympic Committee.

I know someone who works for the IOC direct (permanent year round employment)

Vs people like Tambo’s BIL and the Aussie guy who quit seem to be employed by Sochi/Russia directly.

Tinder and the Olympics….

Damn it! First time in a while I wished I got a voli position!

http://miss-snowitall.com/2014/02/05/tinder-town-athletes-look-for-love-online-in-sochi-2/

HAHAHA

The FIS may not be paying the wages, but it’s ridiculous to assume they don’t have a say in who builds the courses THEY are supposed to be in charge of.

<font size=“5”>

@SebToots: Mr. White… It’s easy to find excuses to pull out of a contest when you think you can’t win...”

@sagekotsenburg: I for one am glad to see Shaun uses the #PullOutMethod”

@MaxParrot: Shaun knows he won’t be able to win the slopes, thats why he pulled out. He’s scared!

@btoddrichards: Wah, it’s not perfect enough. Give me a break, my Olympics were held in a monsoonal rainstorm. #sun #snow #whinecheesecrackers”

@sagekotsenburg:We hear the sochi course is dangerous"yea X Games is all lollipops and unicorns the whole way down we aren’t used to dangerous courses haha

</font>

I don’t rate Shaun White. Not much respect for the guy.

So the pipe is all good? 

@sagekotsenburg: “We hear the sochi course is dangerous"yea X Games is all lollipops and unicorns the whole way down we aren’t used to dangerous courses haha”

That’s the best!

Yeah Right, when the Olympics run an event FIS are more like advisors??
(I really wouldn’t have a clue)

#pulloutmethod Hahahaaa!!!!!

Genuine question…

How do we know the best didn’t turn down an offer to work at the games??

We know one walked away after arrival…

ozgirl - 06 February 2014 10:48 AM

Genuine question…

How do we know the best didn’t turn down an offer to work at the games??

We know one walked away after arrival…

They may have been busy building Shaun’s perfect private practice park smirk

LOL

Haha!

ozgirl - 06 February 2014 10:38 AM

Tinder and the Olympics….

Damn it! First time in a while I wished I got a voli position!

http://miss-snowitall.com/2014/02/05/tinder-town-athletes-look-for-love-online-in-sochi-2/

HAHAHA

Id let Possum Tor tinder the heck out of me!!!