The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

How was ya Aussie Day??

Nice video!!

almost looked like bikini weather.. Till you hit the clouds, then I did a little shiver for ever one in boardies and bikinis!! Lol, looked like an awesome day!

Yeah I was fine till we hit the clouds. When we got to the bottom I ran into the lift hut!

Do’in us all proud!!!

Aussie Aussie Aussie   blah blah teacherboy

Oh come on - it was all in good fun!

It is what we are known for (almost expected!)

You can do it and not be a d!ckhead about it! This was done in a a harmless way and without drunken idiots!

I’m sure mrRadpants is a closet bogan.

I think he may have been quotin what was actually chanted in the vid?????  wink

But it did sound more like Aussie Aussie Aussie, Ahh. Ahhh Ahhhhh, to me!!!!!

ozgirl - 04 February 2014 02:31 PM

That is my point really.
I know it was harmless fun, but why perpetuate the stereotype? I was all for the vid until that bit at the end.
Theres just something about that chant that makes me cringe, but that being said I’ve been guilty of chanting it too, but in my older age comes some wisdom, and that wisdom is other countries think we are yobbo bafoons.

But its a free country and in that freedom we are graced with the privilege to celebrate said freedom in any way we choose, so go forth and chant it till your hearts are content

Trent Trent Trent, Rad Rad Rad…... Pants Pants Pants?????

trentradpants - 04 February 2014 03:18 PM

That is my point really.

Okay I walked into that one LOL

But seriously I hate to play this card but have you ever spent an Australia Day overseas? I have spent at least 4 of them.

Gosh in London the DJ’s would encourage us to shout it out!

There is a very big difference to drunken louts in Kuta shouting it out for no reason (or over a beer sculling comp!) than just doing it a couple of times on Aussie Day when LIVING overseas. And this was only once!

I probably would of cringed if they had done it multiple times down the run. But one quick chant at the bottom? Nope!

Anyone else reckon they would have picked the correct side of this argument the resident bogan and the resident fun police would have been on if asked in advance??

ozgirl - 04 February 2014 06:04 PM
trentradpants - 04 February 2014 03:18 PM

That is my point really.

Okay I walked into that one LOL

But seriously I hate to play this card but have you ever spent an Australia Day overseas? I have spent at least 4 of them.
Nope but have friends that have and have heard some shocking stuff, sure thats just hearsay with a little bit of the old ‘dont let the truth get in the way of a good story’ involved but some of it would be true

Gosh in London the DJ’s would encourage us to shout it out! throw yo hands up in the air

There is a very big difference to drunken louts in Kuta shouting it out for no reason (or over a beer sculling comp!) than just doing it a couple of times on Aussie Day when LIVING overseas. And this was only once!
why does living overseas make a difference?

I probably would of cringed if they had done it multiple times down the run. But one quick chant at the bottom? Nope!
Admittedly it was only once that we saw it on the video but id be very suprised if it was the only time

Anyone else reckon they would have picked the correct side of this argument the resident bogan and the resident fun police would have been on if asked in advance??
not sure what you mean here, so ill just smile and nod

Anyhow I dont want this to become and argument or anything, I personally dont like it but I’m not out there saying dont do it to others.
“Australians all let us rejoice for we are young and free.” Peter Brock

ozgirl - 04 February 2014 06:04 PM

trentradpants - 04 February 2014 08:16 PM

not sure what you mean here, so ill just smile and nod

Just my way of making light of things! Don’t want to get into an argument either…

So we will finish off by sayin…..

Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy, Trent Trent Trent!!!!!

Oh, and Peter Brock never said that either!!!!!

I’m sure it was Michael Jackson!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 05 February 2014 09:39 AM

Oh, and Peter Brock never said that either!!!!!

I’m sure it was Michael Jackson!!!!!