The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

How was ya Aussie Day??

Airlie Beach on aussie day gets the big thumbs up from me thumbsup
I remember most of it, but i dont remember the part where a bounce didnt let me in a club and said “go get some food and sober up abit, then ill let ya in” so we went and got some deep fried chicken, went back to the club within 10 minutes and i rocked up eating the chicken, all over my face, the bouncer laughed and let me in LOL
Was a F**king awesome day/night!
I cant believe i didnt spew, poo or pee myself to be honest!!!

F**king amazing mate. Froze my tits off, had an aussie burger, drank some beer and hung out with some good mates.

Worked in the garden installing an inground sprinkler system! Then had a BBQ for dinner.

It was awesome!
The Green Tinny travelled to previously unexplored places, we did 4wd in the boat, everglades style. No fish, but that’s not really our thing… went up rivers till they became drains in a farmers paddock, watched fireworks, picked blackberries from the boat, had campfires, drank wine, hottest 100 on the J’s from #39 onwards….
Ripper day with a wonderful husband!

grin

thumbsup

I unfortunately had to work!!!!!

But now I’m havin home made naan, koftas, and laccha for dinner, to celebrate!!!!!

* The koftas are lamb!!!!!  thumbsup

Its hot, i went for a surf, then had pizza, its been pretty rad

Were you surfing at OG, Trent?  I was there today.

Mudhoney - 27 January 2014 08:58 PM

Nah went straight to 13th, I checked the cams and there looked to be about 40000000 people at OG. I had a little peak at 13th to share with 3 other dudes.

Went to BDO, pearl jam had an awesome set list.  weather was great not to hot.  Although they did implement a retarded drinks ticket system, where you had to buy drink tickets in lots of $30 and of course the queue for tickets was massive, queue for drinks was empty.

DigitalReaver - 27 January 2014 10:47 PM

Went to BDO, pearl jam had an awesome set list.

What did they play?

Chilled on the beach all Sunday morning watching Aussies, unfamiliar with beach going, look out of place. Sort of slept all arvo.
Yesterday I cleaned out one of the sheds, built a floor to ceiling shelf along one wall, then repacked the shed - managed to make room to move more stuff from my place so I have space in my room for my car.

I had a ripper of a weekend!

Aus day was fairly tame… if the nudie run had of happened it may have been more interesting!

Managed to get in the water - the day cleared up in the arvo. Got smashed water skiing (was a very random event. Water too shallow. And i have some wicked cuts and bruises all over my legs and arms!)

But overall the weekend was a cracker grin

Even if I had to do a couple of hours work on Saturday!

trentradpants - 27 January 2014 10:02 PM
Mudhoney - 27 January 2014 08:58 PM

Nah went straight to 13th, I checked the cams and there looked to be about 40000000 people at OG. I had a little peak at 13th to share with 3 other dudes.

You’re not wrong, it was crazy at OG.  The carpark was a nightmare, although we had no probs getting in as we got there early.  I even got abused by some cranky woman in a Volvo as I was strapping the boards on the roof before leaving: “I don’t see why it’s so hard, just load your stuff and go”.  About 4 hours later I thought of the perfect response: “Happy Australia Day!”

Here is my Australia Day Video.

A BW first, won’t go on facebook till later tonight smile

Go watch it on Vimeo for HD

nice video! that chick in bikini tho! c[=