The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your latest purchase?

Azz - 23 January 2014 09:06 PM
drc13 - 23 January 2014 08:06 PM
spaz - 23 January 2014 08:03 PM

ALL THE GEAR NO IDEA.

ok…no idea maybe (pretty confident I’ll work it out though) but don’t know if purchasing stuff to actually get the board to the water safely really correlates with all the gear??  thinking

I bought my MIG welder with no idea how to use it, I now have a rolling trailer and many projects under my belt.
I also have a brand new TIG welder, lets talk about its use in another year…....

Confession#1: I buy so much stuff with no idea how to use it (like my ARC welder - want to get a MIG, TIG or OXY now).
Even if I know how to use stuff I always try things the wrong way - just to see the resulting fail.

Confession#2: I was posting after half a bottle of spiced rum last night - logged off to pass out billy
This morning my gut is on fire downer (see confession#1)

NO way, we would of never have picked you were on the special sauce last night spaz tongue wink billy

Looks like I was in a mood too.  banned

spaz - 24 January 2014 09:26 AM

You were probably just really upset because Bieber got arrested.

LOL

chucky - 24 January 2014 10:05 AM
spaz - 24 January 2014 09:26 AM

You were probably just really upset because Bieber got arrested.

LOL

drc13 - 23 January 2014 08:58 PM
Mudhoney - 23 January 2014 02:02 PM

\I got some old carpet underlay foamie stuff and wrapped that around my bars with duct tape.  Looked shocking but worked OK I think.

Hey MH

Just found these when browsing ebay. They come in 4 different types for different rack bar types (I’ve linked the smooth flow as that’s what my bar will be). Price seems reasonable and they are longer than most of the other options so you could use the full bar width.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Roof-Rack-Protector-Pad-Smooth-Flow-Padding-Fits-Thule-Rhino-Rolar-more-/301016604194?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4615fcde22

go to heatcraft or actrol (refrigeration wholesalers) and get some pipe insulation, that’s all that stuff is

I borrowed some of that stuff from my Ex’s dad (Refrig Mechanic) to put on a mates roll cage in his car. Exact same as the stuff he was going to buy from a drag racing shop for a couple of hundred dollars.

DylanV - 24 January 2014 12:35 PM

go to heatcraft or actrol (refrigeration wholesalers) and get some pipe insulation, that’s all that stuff is

In the heat of my spending spree last night the purchase may have already been made!  smile

Was happy enough with the price but good to know if I ever need to replace it down the line! (would it come with different shaped cut outs i.e to fit the smooth flow bars, or would it just be simple round/square?)

Its round with a hollow centre, just cut it to suit.

re: that foam stuff for roof racks, is there a slit along the slide or do you have to take the feet off your bars and slide it on?

You have to slit it yourself (if that question was directed at me)

Same answer if it was directed at me smile

Quote from the ad

“Easy to fit over the profile before end insertion or by slitting the padding on underside”

I’ve never worried about paddin on my Thule Racks!!!!!

The rubber strip combined with a board cover is plenty of protection!!!!!

Just bought a new 5 burner BBQ :D also just learnt you can cook pizza on the bbq so bought 2 pizza stones. Can’t wait to try it out tonight!!