The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your latest purchase?

Well maybe if you’re beyond getting your gear to the water properly you’re in the realm of; ALL THE GEAR NO IDEA.

Just sayin! (no offense to anyone) cheese

we all gotta learn

Mizu Kuma - 23 January 2014 07:18 PM

I think there’s a few different brands of te straps on the market!!!!! Can’t recall the names, as I’ve got the trusty van to lock my gear in, myself!!!!! (Probably easier to bust a window to get my gear as well, plus the added cost of glass replacement)

Ohhh, and the SUP looks sweet!!!!!  thumbsup

Thanks mate looking the part is half the battle isn’t it? tongue wink

Yeah found a couple of other brands but the kanulocks look the business. Bit pricey but I may as well do it once do it properly?

spaz - 23 January 2014 07:50 PM

Invest in a wagon or van!

As Mizu alluded to if the scum wants to get your stuff they’ll find a way. I have considered the idea of purchasing a 2nd car (mainly for snow duties i.e AWD with room to sleep) but in the end paying two lots of rego/insurance puts an end to that plan!

I’ve got a decently nice car so spending a bit of money adding to it now should do the job well enough.

spaz - 23 January 2014 08:03 PM

ALL THE GEAR NO IDEA.

ok…no idea maybe (pretty confident I’ll work it out though) but don’t know if purchasing stuff to actually get the board to the water safely really correlates with all the gear??  thinking

Que????? @spaz

If you’re in your car it’s unlikely they’ll get your stuff.
Also any tint company will allow up to 100% black in the back windows to secure valuables (for commercial vehicles).

Mizu Kuma - 23 January 2014 08:07 PM

Que????? @spaz

Maybe I should log off now.

They can still look through the front glass?????

My 9’6” almost touches the dashboard in my Vito!!!!!

A little too hard to hide from a would be thief!!!!!

spaz - 23 January 2014 08:13 PM

Que????? @spaz

Que?????

Mizu Kuma - 23 January 2014 08:17 PM
spaz - 23 January 2014 08:13 PM

Que????? @spaz

Que?????

Gee if only we’d known all this time that all it took was a que???  LOL

oh keeping it on topic again, latest purchase:

thumbsup

Mudhoney - 23 January 2014 02:02 PM

\I got some old carpet underlay foamie stuff and wrapped that around my bars with duct tape.  Looked shocking but worked OK I think.

Hey MH

Just found these when browsing ebay. They come in 4 different types for different rack bar types (I’ve linked the smooth flow as that’s what my bar will be). Price seems reasonable and they are longer than most of the other options so you could use the full bar width.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Roof-Rack-Protector-Pad-Smooth-Flow-Padding-Fits-Thule-Rhino-Rolar-more-/301016604194?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4615fcde22

drc13 - 23 January 2014 08:30 PM

Gee if only we’d known all this time that all it took was a que???  LOL

LOL

drc13 - 23 January 2014 08:06 PM
spaz - 23 January 2014 08:03 PM

ALL THE GEAR NO IDEA.

ok…no idea maybe (pretty confident I’ll work it out though) but don’t know if purchasing stuff to actually get the board to the water safely really correlates with all the gear??  thinking

I bought my MIG welder with no idea how to use it, I now have a rolling trailer and many projects under my belt.
I also have a brand new TIG welder, lets talk about its use in another year…....

Using Xmas money from my mum plus a bit extra, I got myself this - 2014 Arbor Draft.
Excuse the dorky picture, I was very excited!

They’ve changed it a bit and this one has steel edges (60% recycled steel) instead of the usual bronze edges that the Draft has.

Working the next 4 days in a row but think I’m going to take it night skiing tomorrow and give it a whirl!

Yeeeewwwww!!!!

Sick stick cords, you ridden it yet?

sorry azz, was in the middle of editing my original post and answering your question as you wrote that grin

and yes, it is sick! Froth beard!....now I just need the bindings I want to match it with to go on sale smile