The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Official Chat Thread

win or lose he is doing what is best for him.

As i said the stress that must be happening due to the lack of snow and not being able to complete their pre olympics training must be taking its toll on the other athletes!

to him his training is going to plan.

deanobruce - 18 January 2014 02:07 PM
ozgirl - 18 January 2014 01:36 PM

Chumpy is doing it right!

Its a bit early to say that, we wont know until the event really.

the team isn’t even chosen yet. The last event was moved to after the olympics because of lack of snow. Chumpy has the experience to know that its a battle of will as much as how you race. I think he has it as right as he can get it, and in one event it comes down to being in the right place at the right time. Over a season, it comes down to that, strategy and skill, and he’s world champ so I think he has that covered

I get ya, but my comment still stands grin

Just read a post about the potential reps for slope style. There is no funding for that, these kids are traveling the world with coaches, and support staff and it’s all coming out of the parents pockets ( cos most of these are kids, not adults… Wildmans peers are past training buddies).
What do you think? Should there be funding for this sport?

Bit of info on an Aussie Olympic hopeful, DVP.

&action;_type_map=[“og.likes”]&action;_ref_map=[]]DVP

Awesome bloke, hope it he makes it smile

Buggered if I know why the link looks like that, but meh, whatever, it works smile

Chumpy will be on The Project tomorrow!

Chumpy on The Project

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-project/extra/season-5/alex-chumpy-pullin

Talks about being home on and not on snow a bit.

And they also touch on the “twin toilets” photo circulating around social media at the moment.

Team Oz announced tomorrow, 23rd. Hoping a few youngsters make it, it would be cool to seem them over there.

How excitement Tambo!

In other news…

...you all want to read this.

http://johnniebalfour.tumblr.com

I forgot!
My non-snow going BIL is over there to film pipe and slope style for the official broadcaster. In his other work he does F1, V8supercars, World rally, cricket, olympics (yachting in the last one. Hasn’t done snow before, but I hear it’s pretty warm over there and the snow stockpiled right through summer is being uncovered.

Did you read the tumblr?

Things are not good over there in more ways than one!

When does the BIL leave?

ozgirl - 23 January 2014 08:24 AM

Did you read the tumblr?

Things are not good over there in more ways than one!

When does the BIL leave?

Already there I think. Accreditation and all that stuff.

Hey did you know that while Chumpy is world #1
Jarryd Hughes, local lad from up your way,is World #2!
here

I would be curious to hear his take on the place vs Johnnie Balfour’s version above!

Although volunteering would have been an amazing experience on the other hand I am not feeling like I am missing out on much!